Chapter Twenty-Four

"We may be a few days but I'll try my best to get back to you as soon as I can"

Roman was heading out with a small group of wolves to do a full security check on our perimeters which meant traveling each state within our territory and checking in with every pack base along the borders.

"I'll be fine I promise, this will give Kayli and I a chance to really hang out"

I could tell Roman was hesitant about leaving but he was also very determined to find out how the rogues had manged to make it through our borders and all the way to the packhouse. Dean had appointed himself the title of personal bodyguard to the Luna which I found hilarious since this Luna could kick his ass but nevertheless I was honoured. He would be staying behind and Roman had also ordered an elite group of warrior wolves, which I had no idea even existed, to run around the clock patrols of the pack house. He really wasn't taking any chances with our safety.

"I'll call you as soon as I can okay, I love you"

Roman murmured against my lips as he kissed me gently.

As I waved goodbye I felt Kayli slip her arm into mine and her heavy sigh made me chuckle.

"Don't worry girl they'll be home before you know it"

She simply groaned and followed along as I pulled her into the house

"You know when we were younger Seth used to have a huge crush on me and he would always tell me we'd end up as mates, I always brushed him off of course. I mean yeah I had a little crush on him but he was just Seth, the pain in the ass that thought half bleached hair is hot. I mean it is now but back then ugh no way. Anyway as I was saying back then I never thought he actually would be my mate but now that he is I can't even explain how much I feel for him, like I kind of wish I had have known back then like he did. I would have come home much sooner, or I wouldn't have left in the first place. You know I could have found him earlier, I came back to visit a few years ago but he had been leading a border run so I never got to see him."

I listened intently as Kayli spoke, it was adorable how much she lit up and how excited she was when she spoke about Seth.

"Hey I don't mean to pry but why did you leave?"

I'd been curious to ask for a while but I'd been so caught up with everything going on I'd never had the chance to ask.

"My dad was given a position a few states over by the previous alpha, Romans dad. So we packed up and moved there, then I made the decision to go to college on the other side of the country, my parents weren't keen on the idea but I wanted to get out and experience new things so I found a college in neutral human territory and enrolled"

I was stunned, I'd had thoughts about going away to college but I'd never followed through with any plans instead dedicating myself to my training to become a warrior wolf.

"I spent a few years bouncing from one major to another but I never really felt it you know, so I packed up and travelled overseas for a few years"

Her eyes lit up as she spoke and I could tell she really loved travelling.

"Wow! Did you run into any other packs overseas?"

I'd never left the country and I was really curious to know what it was like. My dad would have flipped out if I even suggested leaving the country.

"It all depends on the country. My dad was like a liaison to other powerful packs overseas while we lived here so he had quite a few contacts. He organised things for me and I was only allowed to travel to areas that he had connections in"