Chapter Two

Mate. He is our mate.

My eyes widened in a mixture of shock and horror. Alpha Roman Reigns was my mate, how is this even possible? I'd heard the stories, his mate was murdered by rogues a few years ago and that's what turned him into the monster he is today. As I glanced over at him I noticed he looked as shocked as I felt. By now a small crowd had gathered, wolves from both packs standing cautiously at a fair distance away from us but still staring intently.

"Livaya what on earth are you doing out here, I gave you strict instructions young lady"

My dad's voice broke me from my stupor and as he took a protective stance in front of me and Caressa he blocked me from Romans sight. At that moment a guttural growl ripped through the small clearing causing every wolf to take a defensive position. Me on the other hand, the growl sent shock waves through my body and I knew immediately who it came from.

"Unless you want me to rip your throat out I suggest you step away from my mate"

Collective gasps rang through the small crowd, the loudest being my dad.

"What on earth are you talking about? That can't be possible"

He shouted angrily. I was still frozen in shock, my eyes glued to my mate who was growing angrier by the second

"You calling me a liar? Ask her yourself, she'll tell you"

He sneered at my dad as he glanced in my direction, his grey eyes scanning up and down my body.

"Livaya is this true? Is he your mate?"

I didn't even hesitate to nod my head which had every wolf in the clearing gasp in shock

"How is this even possible?"

My dad was trying to wrap his head around what was happening and so was I. I could feel a pair of eyes burning into the side of my head and when I turned I was looking straight into them. My brain was in a complete jumble and every fibre in my body was tingling as the mere presence of my mate affected me.

"I don't know what your intentions were with your unprovoked attack but I think with whats happened circumstances have changed and things need to be discussed"

As my dad spoke I could hear the weariness in his voice, he also looked as though he had aged ten years in the last five minutes, I guess finding out your only daughter's mate is the most powerful and deadly alpha in the country will do that to you.

"come let us head to our pack house but please Alpha Reigns, if you could have your pack leave my lands it would be appreciated. My pack is on edge as it is"

My mate gave my dead a deadly glare but after a quick glance at me he turned to his pack and they began to leave, all except the grey wolf I had taken down earlier and a sandy coloured wolf who stood behind him.

"Come on Liv, Caressa lets go"

My dad gave me a disappointed look and put his arms around us to escort us when my mate stopped him

"She waits. We'll be at the pack house soon"

My dad spun on his heels and glared at Roman. I knew he was going to protest but I placed a hand on his shoulder to stop him

"Dad it's okay. I'll be back at the pack house soon"

He hesitantly nodded his head and lead Caresaa and the two wolves from my mates pack towards the pack house while the rest of the wolves from my pack that had gathered began to follow leaving my mate and I alone. I kept my eyes glued to my feet, I wasn't going to lie I was intimidated by him.

"Look at me"

His deep commanding voice sent shivers through me and as I looked up I was surprised to see him standing right in front of me. I hadn't even heard him move.

Our eyes met and I couldn't help but be entranced, his eyes were grey but as he inhaled deeply they seemed to turn a few shades darker. My wolf was howling in my head with excitement and wanting. I gasped when I felt his hand on the bare skin of my waist and I was secretly thankful about my outfit choice. The single touch from him had me weak in the knees. He pulled me closer and buried his face in my hair inhaling deeply. I drew in a sharp breath as his grip on my waist tightened to the point of being painful then suddenly he let go and stepped away, his eyes narrowed into slits.

"You're not her"

He growled before turning and stalking off towards the pack house. My heart dropped in my chest as I realised what he meant. I wasn't her, I wasn't his real mate.