Chapter Twenty-Seven

"She hasn't said a word since we locked her up yesterday, to be honest it's kind of unnerving"

Seth stated as we made our way to a waiting SUV parked outside the pack house. I was headed for the prison to begin interrogating Sienna and had asked Seth to give me an update on her before we came face to face again.

"I have no doubt she'll have a lot to say to me, probably not what I want to hear but a lot anyway"

I climbed into the passenger seat and almost jumped out in fright when I saw that my mate was sitting in the drivers seat.

"Holy crap! Baby what are you doing? I thought you didn't want to be around when I speak to her?"

I was under the impression he wanted to keep his distance in case his emotions got in the way but obviously he'd changed his mind.

"I want to be there, I need to be there. I need answers"

I simply nodded my head and settled in for the short trip to the prison. The ride was silent, Roman was deep in thought and I could tell he needed privacy so I didn't try to pry into his mind.

In all honesty I was unsure how or even what information I was going to get out of her but I was certain she had something to hide, the one thing I was sure of was that she had something to do with the recent rogue attack.

As I entered the prison the familiar smell of dried blood and decay assaulted my nose, images of my mate broken down and covered in blood came to mind and made me even more determined to find out why she was here and what she had planned. Roman followed close behind me and I could feel the anxiousness and nerves coming from. As much as he assured me and himself that she meant nothing to him anymore I knew Sienna had an affect on him and she knew that too.

"Hey baby, you came to see me"

Her eyes zeroed in on Roman as soon as we stopped in front of her cell. There was something different about her from yesterday, her voice was strong and confident and even though she was chained to the wall she stood tall as if she were unfazed by her current imprisonment. I felt my blood begin to boil as she practically undressed my mate with her eyes all the while licking her lips.

"I'd keep those eyes in my head if I were you Sienna or they may just end up rolling around on the floor"

She simply scoffed at my threat and blew Roman a kiss. It was all too clear now that yesterdays damsel in distress antics were all an act. I knew he felt uncomfortable to so I mindlinked him to let him know it was okay if he wanted to leave and after he had made his exit she smirked at me 

"Please little girl you don't scare me, you know nothing about me. I eat spoilt little princesses like you for breakfast. I guess having Roman as your personal lap dog has given you some balls huh. You've probably never fought a day in your life"

I stopped myself from moving closer to her, she was trying to get a rise out of me and it was working. She wanted to fight, I could see right through her.

"You have no idea what I'm capable of Sienna and trust me you don't want to, I'm far from a princess trust me. Now i'm only going to ask you once, why are you here?"

When she rolled her eyes at me I knew I was going to have my work cut out for me, no way was she going to make this easy

"You know I remember one time Roman and I were in the elevator headed up to OUR room and he couldn't keep his hands off me, bent me over right there against the wall telling me how much he loved me. How no other womans body would ever satisfy him like mine"

She was getting to me and she knew it, I had to clench my fists to stop my claws from coming out and somehow burying themselves in her face.

"Get used to the fact that I'm his first true mate and you will always be second best, you will always be number two. Even after this pathetic pack is destroyed and your pack house is burned to the ground, he'll come crawling back to me and you'll always be number two"