Chapter Five

I felt out of place and alone, I'd been up in my room for the last three hours and I was going stir crazy. I had tried to call Caressa but for some reason I couldn't get any cell service which was strange. I began to unpack some of my clothes into the huge closet, it was literally twice the size of my one back home. After another unsuccessful attempt to call Caressa i gave up and decided to take a shower, the bathroom was much like the bedroom very modern and classy. I had already set my toiletries up in the bathroom so I got straight in the shower letting the hot water soothe my tired muscles. My thoughts drifted to my mate, he was the most intimidating man I'd ever met and the reputation he had made him even more so. The reports my dad used to receive about entire packs being decimated by him and his pack were enough to scare even the toughest warrior wolves. I had heard he was cruel and unforgiving even to members of his own pack, so far I had caught a small glimpse of his anger but I was sure it was barely a shred of what he was capable of.

When I got out of the shower I realised I hadn't bothered to bring a change of clothes with me. Great one Liv I thought as I walked back into the room, my suitcases were still open on the bed so I began to rummage through them making sure to keep a tight grip on my towel.

Suddenly the bedroom door opened and I spun on my heel to find my mate standing at the door, his gaze fixed on my towel clad body. His eyes were almost black and I could hear the low rumbling in his chest as his wolf tried to take control. I could feel my own wolf fighting to push through, trying to get me to go to him but I couldn't.

"I uh-i'll just go get dressed"

I managed to stutter as I reached for the nearest clothes to me but before I could move he took a few long strides towards me and reached for my waist. My breath hitched in my throat as he pulled my body flush against his own, I instinctively reached for his arms and sighed as I felt his bulging muscles beneath my hands. My body responded to his touch, arching against him. He buried his nose against my neck and grazed the spot where my mark should be with his teeth, the contact sent shockwaves through my body and had me whimpering in delight. I had never been touched like this before and he was quickly turning me to mush.

Suddenly, as if he was coming to his senses he began to growl and I felt a sharp pain in my sides. I let go of his arms and he pulled away, it was then I realised where the pain was coming from. His claws were extended and covered in blood, my blood which was seeping from the small puncture wounds on my sides onto the white towel still wrapped around my body. I gasped in shock as I stared down at his blood stained claws, his chest was heaving and I could see him trying to get control and when he finally did he turned and left the room without a word.

What have I gotten myself into?

I thought as I rushed to the bathroom to get changed. I threw on some sweatpants and a crop top and used the already bloody towel to stem the blood flow from my waist, at least until the small holes healed. I was still a little shocked at what just happened and how much he affected me, my mom used to tell me stories about what it was like when wolves meet their mate and the intense attraction but the stories were nothing compared to the real thing.

A knock at the door caught my attention so I rushed to open it. Seth was standing on the other side with an older man, judging by the stethoscope and bag he was carrying I guess he was the pack doctor

"Livaya this is Doc Haley"

I opened the door wider to let him in and as he passed me Seth gave a small nod and walked away.

"Alpha Reigns sent me up to check on you, I understand you're hurt"

He had set his bag out on the bed and turned to me, he was a short man with thinning grey hair.

"Uh they're just small holes, they'll heal"

I replied as I pulled the towel away, they had pretty much stopped bleeding. He tugged me towards the bed and began cleaning and dressing them

"The Alpha did this didn't he"

I nodded my head but quickly explained

"He didn't mean to, his wolf was trying to take control"

Once he was done and had packed up his bag he turned to me, a solemn look on his face

"Livaya you need to understand, Alpha Reigns is a very stubborn and proud man. As I'm sure you know he lost his mate a few years ago and up until today it was believed impossible to find a second true mate. He loved our former Luna more than life itself so this is all going to be hard for him. I'm not trying to scare you but please be patient with him and do as he says, try not to anger him"

As his words sunk in I felt even more alone than ever. How could I ever compare to his first true mate, the woman that has his heart. I curled up in the bed as soon as the doc left and despite the rumbling in my empty stomach I drifted off to sleep.