Chapter Thirty

"Liv? Baby what are you doing out there? Come inside before you freeze"

Night had fallen and as I moved away from the edge of the balcony I couldn't help take in the beautiful sight before me one more time. The grass and treetops were covered in a thin layer of snow that was growing thicker as intricate snowflakes rained down from above. Making sure to shut the doors firmly behind me I smiled at the warmth of the carpet beneath my bare feet.

"There you are momma, we've been waiting for you"

My heart filled with warmth when I spotted my Mate sitting on our bed with his arms wrapped protectively around a small bundle, our small bundle. Climbing onto the bed beside him I couldn't help smile at the tiny human who was laying comfortably in her daddy's arms. Her tiny button nose and pouty pink lips reminded me of my own but her already grey eyes and thick mop of dark hair were all her daddy.

"Hello beautiful"

I cooed which made a gummy smile stretch across her face. She only spared me a glance before her gaze fell back onto her daddy, he was staring down at her as if she were most precious treasure in the entire world and to us she was. She had Roman wrapped around her tiny little finger and she knew it.

"Mommy needs to wake up right princess"

I glanced up at Roman only to see him smiling down at our daughter but when I looked back down she was gone

"Roman? What's going on?"

I grabbed for his shoulders in a panic but he simply smiled and pressed his lips to my forehead.

"You need to wake up baby, come back to me"

Then everything went black......

Beep..Beep..Beep..Beep

"Baby girl can you hear me?"

Everything was dark and hazy but I could just make out some incessant beeping and the sound of Romans voice. My mind immediately went to him and our daughter, the tiny beautiful bundle he was holding in his arms. My eyes began to flutter open and as they did reality hit me like a pile of bricks. It was all a dream.

"You're awake! I was so worried baby"

Romans face was hovering over mine and he had tears in his eyes as he smiled down at me. All I could think about was the tiny girl in my dream and as I slid my hands over my stomach I couldn't help but feel empty. There were bandages covering it and I knew right away that the news wasn't good.

"Our baby"

I whimpered which made Romans head drop and his tears begin to fall faster. That was enough to confirm the worst.

"I'm so sorry baby"

I knew it was strange for me to be grieving over a baby I didn't know I was carrying but just knowing that there had been a baby, that I was carrying a life within me was enough to shatter my heart.

"There was too much damage and you were so early there was nothing that could be done to save the baby"

Roman sniffled as he buried his face in my hair, I thought back to the dream I'd woken from and I couldn't help think about how he looked holding our tiny dream baby. The look of pure love he had for her sat at the front of my mind.

"Can I go back to our room, I need to take a shower"

Roman glanced around the room quickly before turning back to me

"Doc wants you to hang around here for a couple days just so he can keep an eye on you"

I didn't want to be here though, I didn't want to be cooped up in a hospital bed being constantly reminded why I was here in the first place. I hated looking at the white walls and sterile surfaces.