Chapter Eight

"I knew she was a fighter, didn't I say so"

Momma Grace was beaming at me when Dean and I walked into the kitchen. I guess word about my fight with Layla had spread fast. She placed a large jug of iced tea in front of us and went to get some glasses when a very familiar nasally voice startled us from the other room

"SHE BROKE MY ARM. ARE YOU SERIOUSLY GOING TO LET HER GET AWAY WITH THAT. ROMAN DAMN IT LOOK AT ME"

Dean leapt from his seat and raced for the door, I followed after him and as I rounded the corner  the scene before me made me gasp. Roman had Layla by the throat, her feet were off the floor and she was struggling to breath

"DON'T EVER TRY TO ORDER ME AROUND DO YOU HEAR ME, I AM YOUR ALPHA AND YOU BETTER REMEMBER THAT. YOUR LUCKY I DON'T KILL YOU RIGHT NOW"

I was frozen to the spot as I watched him squeeze her neck, its like his grip was just tight enough for her to breath a little but with each passing second it got harder to do so. Dean stepped in and tried to get him to let her go but when he wouldn't budge he motioned me over. Although a little afraid I didn't waste a second to follow his instructions. I could see Layla slipping in and out of consciousness and although I disliked the girl I couldn't let him kill her.

"Roman"

I spoke softly trying my best to soothe him. Almost instantly his body loosened up a litle so I pressed on, placing a hand on his shoulder. He glanced at my hand but didn't say anything so I ran my hand along his arm until I was holding his wrist

"Please let her go"

I pleaded softly and as he looked down at me he dropped her, Dean raced to catch her as she hit the floor and carried her away leaving Roman and I standing there. My hand was still holding his wrist and he was staring at me with a look I couldn't interpret.

"Livaya"

My name slipped from his lips then he suddenly pulled me into his arms burying his face in my neck. I wrapped my arms his holding him close to me. I bit my lip as he began to place small kisses on my neck, the feeling was beyond amazing, this affection from our mate had my wolf jumping for joy. All too soon he pulled away and I felt my stomach drop, he was going to walk away from me again. I let go of him and looked away not wanting to see that look of anger that usually came but when he tilted my chin up to look at him he looked genuinely worried.

"I have some things to sort out so Dean will look after you. Once im done I'll come find you okay"

I was taken by surprise but nodded quickly, this was a totally different Roman than the one I'd run into on the balcony this morning. He cupped my cheek and pressed his lips to mine in a long slow kiss before walking off towards the elavator.

I was still standing there in shock when Dean appeared, he had a huge smile on his face.

"I hear things are working out with Roman"

How did he know? He rolled his eyes at my puzzled expression and tapped his head

"Mindlink. Whatever you did has made him change his mind about you"

Change his mind?

"You motioned me over, I just asked him to drop her"

He chuckled and began to walk into the living room so I quickly followed

"Liv if you weren't there she'd be dead. Nobody disrespects Alpha Roman Reigns and lives to tell the tale, pack or not. That girl owes you her life"

What he said reminded me of something my mom told me about mates, they can pull each other out of the strongest trances and calm each other when extremely angry.

"Please oh please tell me you can play video games"

Dean pleaded as he tossed me a playstation 4 control. My eyes narrowed and settled back into the sofa as Call if duty ghosts started up on screen. Now this I could do

"Prepare to get your ass handed to you again"

I smirked in his direction, he started laughing and mocking me until we started playing and within seconds I had found and killed him.

"Ha take that"

I laughed as I made my way through the buildings racking up my killstreak. That's how Roman found us two hours later, standing in front of the television yelling at each other and the screen. Our gaming had gotten so heated at one point Dean had tried to cover my eyes and that resulted him being kicked into one of the sofas, what can I say im competitive.

"Livaya"

I immediately turned in the direction of my mates voice and smiled when I saw him. He held his hand out so I tossed the control to Dean and ruffled his hair

"Good game. I'll continue to beat your ass next time"

He scoffed at me and waved as I took Romans hand and let him lead me to the elevator. I was nervous and excited to be spending time with my mate, I just wonder what he has in store.