Chapter Twenty-Six

Explicit version in restricted chapters.
------------------------------------

Her eyes widened slightly before she looked me up and down and scoffed.

"He took you as a mate? He must have been desperate"

Oh yeah there was definitely nothing about her that screamed tortured victim. This woman was cunning and she had an agenda, I just had to figure out what it was.

"He didn't just take me as a mate. Apparently it's impossible to find a second true mate but on very rare occasions it's been known to happen"

I kept my voice firm despite wanting to rub it in her face. She may have been an innocent woman once but it was clear that was long ago.

"That can't be possible. Roman is MY mate. He will always belong to me"

She spoke through gritted teeth and I couldn't help but bare my own as I took a took a step towards her bed.

"That's where you're mistaken honey. That man belongs beside me and that's exactly where he will stay. He's not stupid you know, He sees through your lies and crocodile tears and let me tell you something. Whatever you're up to, I will find out and you can bet your ass that if anything happens to a member of this pack or MY mate I will be the one to end your life, for good this time"

Her body slumped back in submission but her eyes still held a fiery glare. Suddenly she began to scream like a mad woman, thrashing and crying out Romans name

"ROMAN HELP ME PLEASE, SHE'S HURTING ME. SOMEONE HELP ME"

I was caught off guard at first by her sudden outburst but quickly composed myself, taking a step back from her bed I crossed my arms over my chest and waited. She continued to scream until Roman and Doc came rushing into the room, I kept my eyes glued to Sienna as she looked expectantly to Roman as if silently pleading with him.

"Liv are you okay?"

He grabbed hold of my waist and I watched with satisfaction as Siennas face fell. She was definitely expecting him to come running to her side and by the look of pure rage she was sporting she did not like the attention he was giving me.

"Roman you can't let me them do this to me please, I'm your mate. We belong to each other"

His body was tense and I could feel how conflicted he was, not that I blamed him. Losing her had pushed him to the edge and now that he was healing her presence had turned everything upside down.

"We are not mates anymore Sienna. The mark on your collar is proof of that"

Her eyes widened slightly then suddenly her whole demeanour changed, it was like a complete shift in the atmosphere of the room.

"This mark is your fault. You left me to die Roman, you let those rogues hurt me. You didn't save me and it's your fault I carry this mark"

There was so much malice in her voice that I was taken back at how quick she changed. Her eyes were dark and piercing as she glared at my mate and he began to slump back against me, I could feel how guilty she was making him feel through our bond and I was damned if I was going to stand by and let her do that to him. I quickly began to pull him from the small room just as her screaming grew louder.

"YOU DID THIS TO ME ROMAN! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT, YOU LEFT ME TO DIE. IT'S YOUR FAULT"

I kicked the door shut behind us and led him away from the medical wing and her screaming, once we could no longer hear her I stopped and faced him