Chapter 16

Derek suddenly disappeared for at least two days now, and no one had heard from him, not Peter, not Cora, not Isaac, not even Scott, he had disappeared into thin air, and everyone was worried, since Boyd was pretty much killed by Derek, but forcefully.

Worried about Cora, Stiles and I decided to visit her, little did we know we were in for Derek's life story.

Standing up, I was pulling at the material of my purple flannel that for once I didn't steal from Stiles, wearing black leather jeans and black and gold flats, my hair was up in a messy bun, today wasn't a good day for me, everything has been a bit much recently.

Outfit- http://www.polyvore.com/fl_10/set?id=174462410

The story was about Derek when he was a teenager.

"They were there for two days, waiting, hiding, that's what we are taught to do when the hunters find us" Cora says looking out the window and then turns back to Stiles and I "Hide and heal"

"Okay is two days normal for him or is he on an extended getaway from Beacon Hills?" I ask Cora slightly annoyed with her constantly treating us so poorly.

"Why do you guys care?" Cora asks me, slightly sneering and I narrow my eyes at the she wolf.

"Why do I care? Because after the last few weeks my best friend has tried to kill himself, along with my girlfriend might I add, his boss almost got ritually sacrificed, a girl I've known since I was three was ritually sacrificed, Boyd was killed by alphas, you want me to keep going cause I can" Stiles states to Cora in a ramble and I sigh "For like an hour"

"You think Derek can do anything about that?" Cora walks up to us asking, her hands in her pockets of the leather jacket she was wearing.

"Well since he is the one everyone seems to be after, maybe he should do something" I state annoyed with the entire situation.

"I don't know, there is something different about him now" Cora states.

I frown "What do you mean something is different about him?" I ask her.

"He wasn't like this when we were young" She tells me.

I cock my head to the side.

"What was he like?" Stiles asks.

"A lot like Scott" A voice above us says and we all look up to see Peter strutting down the stairwell, he was listening to our conversation "Actually, a lot like most teenagers, unbearably romantic, tolerable only to other teenagers" Peter says walking over to the table that the three of us were all standing around, making him the fourth person in the room.

"So what happened what changed him?" Stiles question's Derek's uncle Peter.

"Well the same thing that changes a lot of young men, a girl" Peter says to Stiles as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, but also directing the statement to Stiles, since Peter knew Stiles had changed a lot when him and I got together.

I place my hand on Stiles' arm and look up to Peter frowning slightly "You're saying some girl broke his heart? That's why he is so cold hearted?" I ask Peter, not being able to believe what I was hearing.

"Do you remember Derek before he was an alpha?" Peter says looking over to Cora "he had blue eyes" Peter then looks back to myself and Stiles "Do you know why some wolves have blue eyes?" Peter asks us.

I shake my head "I kind of thought it was a Hale thing, until Cora came into the picture" I state looking at the young beta.

"If you want to know what happened to Derek, you need to know what changed the colour of his eyes" Peter tells us and I roll my eyes.