10- Don't Mistake His Tough Exterior

Rachael: March 14, 2014

After I gathered my toiletries and stuffed them into my bathroom bag, I stepped out of the bathroom feeling so much better now that I was clean.

"Here you go." I tossed Josh his clothes and padded across the room to pack the rest of my belongings.

"Thanks!" He smiled and went back to looking at his phone. I bent down and zipped my suitcase. "Hey, let me see the tat!" He spoke up after a minute.

"Excuse me?" I asked, standing my suitcase up and raising an eyebrow.

"Your ankle. I want to see what you added to it."

"Oh. Sorry, I thought you said something else," I chuckled and stuck my foot up on the bed next to him.

"Is that her handwriting?" he asked, examining my mother's initials and running his fingers over the ink.

"Yeah, I scanned the letters from a few old cards that she wrote in." I dropped my foot and grabbed my suitcase and work bag. "Ready?" I asked, rolling my luggage towards the door and looking around the room to make sure I didn't forget anything.

"Yeah," he looked at the time on his phone, "wow, you're fast, we have 15 minutes to spare, how about that?"

"I'm not a high maintenance woman, Josh. I don't need an hour to get ready."

"Of course you don't, Rach," he laughed and followed me out the door.

10 minutes later, we arrived at the cafe where Josh was meeting his agent. He asked me to wait for him at a nearby table, so I ordered an iced tea and called my dad and told him about my unexpected travel plans. I didn't want him to worry since he was watching my dog while Sam was moving his stuff out.

While I waited for Josh to get done with his meeting, I played a couple games of Words With Friends. I glanced over at his table and he had a huge grin on his face as he was looking at a stack of papers in front of him. Must have been something good. I was really excited for him. My phone lit up on the table in front of me for a text message from Sam.

I need another day to get the rest of my stuff.

I rolled my eyes and wrote back, Fine. I'm in Cali for the next couple days anyway

With Josh I assume? he replied.

Of course who else would I be with?

Figures

My face started heating up. What the hell is his problem? I tryped out a quick reply. What's that supposed to mean??

Just forget it

Josh: March 14, 2014

"Hey Rick, how's it going?" I shook my longtime agent's hand and took a seat across the table from him.

"Oh it's about to be going very well, Josh. Can I get you anything?" he asked, fiddling with a manilla envelope on the table. I ordered a coffee and eyed the stack of papers in front of me.

"Why is that?" I questioned.

"We just got an update on numbers from Catching Fire and Lionsgate tells me that based on the success, all cast members will be getting big bumps for Mockingjay 1 and 2."

"Woooh! Yes!" I exclaimed as I clapped my hands together. This pay raise meant I could get the new Mercedes I've had my eye on for a while, on top of a lot of other things. Rick slid the stack of papers to my side of the table.

"This is the new contract. I need you to look it over and get it back to me by Wednesday next week so I can get it off to Lionsgate."

"This is awesome, man, I'm psyched!" I flipped through the stapled sheets, smiling.