23- Hotter Than The Devil's Blue Ballsack

Josh: July 25, 2014

When the plane touched down, I immediately sent Rachael a text saying I was home. She shot one back right away with a picture of herself smiling. It read: This is my excited face! Can't wait to see you!! :)

After taking a few pictures with some adoring fans who stopped me at the baggage claim and complimented me on my newly blonde hair, I met my mom and Connor.

The drive to Union was a nerve-wrecking one. I was silent the whole 20 minutes, thinking about what I was going to say to Rachael when I saw her. How do you tell someone you've known for 18 years that you have feelings for them? This was going to suck, but it couldn't weigh me down anymore. I was going to tell her.

"Ok, I have to go meet Amanda, do you want to come?" My mom asked after I dropped my bags in my room.

"No, thanks. I'm tired, I'm just going to relax. I'll call her later though."

"Alright, we'll be back in a little while. We're having chicken for dinner tonight so don't eat anything."

As soon as they left I sent Rachael a text.

Me: Get your butt over here!

Rachael: On my way! See you in 10! :)

Her car pulled into the driveway 11 minutes later. I was crazy for counting, but I was so anxious, I couldn't help it. I figured she'd let herself in so I casually sat on the couch in front of the TV and acted surprised when she walked in.

"Honey I'm home!" She hollered through the house as she shut the front door.

I strolled into the foyer with my hands in my pockets and greeted her back. "Hello dear!"

"You're blonde!" She exclaimed with a smile.

"I am blonde," I repeated.

"Looks good." She dropped her purse on the floor and immediately wrapped her arms around my neck. I took a deep breath, getting lost in the way she smelled.

"Its so nice and cool in here! I swear it's hotter than the devil's blue ballsack outside!" She pointed out as she pulled away from me.

"Blue ballsack?" I responded with a chuckle.

"Yeah, what other color would it be?" She laughed and walked into the kitchen to get a glass of iced tea from the fridge.

"You just might be the weirdest person I know!" I followed her, scratching the back of my head.

"Yup, but you love me for it!" She said with a smile and took a big gulp of iced tea.

"So how's, uh, what's his name? The new guy?" I asked, hoping she wouldn't think I was some kind of stalker.

"What new guy?" She narrowed her eyes at me and took another sip of iced tea.

"That guy my mom set you up with."

She almost spit her drink out. "Oh that? Oh no, Brian - he wasn't anything special." She waved her hand away at the thought of him. Thank god.

"So you flushed that one down the toilet, huh?"

"Yeah, you could say that," she chuckled.

"Oh, hey, I found something earlier, it's downstairs, do you want to see? You're going to laugh!"

"Sure!" She set her glass down on the counter and we went downstairs to my room.

Rachael: July 25, 2014

"Wow when was the last time I was down here? It's been a while!" I declared while glancing around Josh's old bedroom. I walked over to the ever famous wall of shoes.