30- Bring These With You Next Weekend

Rachael: August 19, 2014

When I was in the middle of typing a long thought out email to one of my clients at work, my boss knocked on the door.

"Excuse me, Rach, sorry to bother you." She proceeded to sit on one of the chairs on the other side of my desk.

"It's ok." I hit save and turned my attention to her, "What's up?"

"I just got off with corporate in LA. They told us we need to make some serious cutbacks on spending."

"So what does that mean?" I asked, fearing that my job was at stake.

"Well we're just going to have to limit a few things - client lunches, staff birthdays, gifts, travel, you know - that stuff. No one is in jeopardy though, so no worries there."

"Travel? So what about the branch meetings in LA?"

"They're going to be done through a conference call instead." Great. There go my chances of seeing Josh for free once a month.

"So now you don't have to worry about being gone for a few days a month, right?" she said, getting up from her chair.

"Yeah, right," I sighed with a smile.

She walked around my office, studying the photos on my bookcase. She lifted one up of Josh and I - a recent one - and held it up. "He's so damn cute. Is he seeing anyone?"

"Uh, no. His schedule is crazy so he doesn't have time to see anyone right now."

"Oh. Hey, are you still seeing that guy, Brian? You haven't talked about him for a while." She put the photo back and continued looking at my photos.

"No, it didn't really work out with us."

"Wouldn't it be funny if you and Josh got together? Oh my God you two would be so cute!" She exclaimed, showing me another picture of us.

"Yeah, maybe," I laughed, starting to feel my cheeks get flushed.

I finished up a few calls and emails the rest of the morning and just before I went to grab my lunch out of the office refrigerator, my phone rang with Josh's face showing up on the screen.

"Hey stranger," I answered with a huge smile.

"Good afternoon beautiful. How are you?"

"I've been better. I just found out they're not sending me to LA anymore because of the budget. So I don't get to see you as much."

"That really sucks hun. I was looking forward to having you come out so you could stay at my place and I could take you to dinner and stuff. I'm sorry baby. We'll think of something."

"Yeah, I know," I sighed.

"If it will make you feel better, I have a top secret mission that you have to go on for me."

"Oooh, what is it?" I asked with the excitement building.

"You need to go home at lunch today."

"Why is that?" Oh my God is he here? Did he surprise me?

"I'm sending something to your house that you need to sign for."

"What is it?"

"I can't tell you. But you have to be there when the guy comes."

"What are you up to Hutcherson?" I asked, suspiciously.

"You'll love it, I promise. At least I hope you'll love it," he laughed.

"Alright. I'll accept your mission. Am I supposed to call you if I get this mystery package?" I asked, gathering my purse and car keys.

"You can if you want to. I don't have to be on set for a while."