16- You'll Probably Want to Carry This With You on the Plane

Rachael: March 15, 2014

Josh poked my stomach in an effort to tickle me after I called him Joshy.

"I hate when you call me that," he breathed as he knelt down next to the couch.

"I know, that's why I did it," I scrunched my nose at him and closed my eyes again. His scent grew stronger as he inched close to my face and I felt a tingle in the pit of my stomach, but it was a good one. We were mere centimeters from each other, then he whispered my name and I was a goner.

"Rachael..."

I opened my eyes just as he pressed his lips onto mine. Every hair on my body stood on end and my temperature skyrocketed from a normal 98.6 to a 120. He parted after only a second to study my reaction. I was in complete shock that he actually did it while I was awake this time. I didn't know how to respond so I just laid still.

"Shit I'm a fucking moron. I don't know why I just did that. I'm really sorry, Rach," he blushed and held his head in his hands.

"Really? I'm not," I smiled and tugged at the front of his shirt and pulled him in towards me, pressing my lips onto his at full force. I fisted through his short brown hair and trailed my fingers down the scruffle on his face, then along that damned jawline and over his Adams apple and neck beard that he got whenever he didn't shave for a few days.

I tossed the blanket off my body and sat up so I could fully lean into him. He was still on his knees in front of the couch and held onto my hips as he pulled me close so my legs were on either side of him. I threw my arms around his neck as our lips collided into one another, releasing any tension that had been building up between us over the last 18 years and two days.

He grunted as he pulled me up to stand and forced my mouth open with his tongue. His hands made their way from my shoulders, down to my back while he hugged me tight and stopped when they got to my waist. Is this seriously happening right now? This has to be a dream. I can't possibly be making out with Josh. There's a million reasons why this should not be happening right now. Oh fuck I don't care.

I ran my hands down his broad shoulders and found the zipper on the zip-up UK hoodie (that I bought him for Christmas one year) he was wearing over a grey v-neck. I started to pull the metal tab downward when his hands landed on mine, stopping me. He kissed me a few more times before pulling away.

"Rachael, wait," he laughed nervously and licked his lips. God those lips. I'm addicted to them now. Nothing else will ever taste better to me.

Josh: March 16, 2014

"What is it?" She narrowed her eyes to meet mine and rested her hands on my chest. I wanted her. I wanted her so damn bad I had to fight with every ounce of energy I had to hold back.

"I-I don't. I'm just not sure if-if this is, I mean, we can't-we can't do this right now," I regretfully told her.

Her hands dropped from my chest and fell to her sides and she took a step back.

"Yeah, yeah, no you're absolutely right. We can't go there. No. Wrong, so wrong. I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me." She folded the blanket and laid it on the back of the couch so she didn't have to look at me. "I-I'm sorry. I'm gonna go to bed. I can call a cab or something in the morning. I'm sorry Josh."

"Rachael, stop apologizing. I'll take you to the airport, don't worry. It was just a kiss, no harm done."

Oops. Just? Just a kiss? No, that was much more than a kiss. She and I both know that. Shit, she's pissed. She raised her eyebrows and was taken aback at my comment. She pursed her lips and squinted her eyes the way she does when someone really pushes her buttons.