28- You Gonna Come and See Me Off?

Rachael: July 26, 2014

Wiping my teary eyes so I could see the screen, I picked up my phone and saw that it was Molly texting me.

Molly: Please tell me that wasn't Josh I saw you holding hands with.

"Wow, that's weird." I showed Josh the screen and he scratched his head.

"Better answer her. I know how she can get if you keep her waiting."

Molly: Rach?

Me: Why? What if it was?

Molly: Rachael....

Molly: This can't be happening!

Molly: Call me now!

Why would she say that it can't be happening? Maybe she was just shocked. I leaped off the couch and went on the back porch. The rain had slowed down but the power was still out everywhere. I sat down, scrolling to Molly's number and pushed send.

"How long has this been going on Rach?" She answered.

"Um, first of all, hello. And second of all, only a day, so relax because I was going to tell you when I saw you tomorrow."

I heard a deep sigh come from the other end of the phone, "I don't know about this Rachael." I could see her sitting there shaking her head.

There was so much disappointment in her voice and I had no idea she'd react this way.

"Why not? It just made sense. Josh is my best friend and I realized these last few months that I like him more than that. Why are you not happy?"

"Because Rachael, it's Josh, that's why. I don't want to see you get hurt. You don't deserve it. He has his Hollywood lifestye and you're normal. You both have different lives. Plus, you're still getting over Sam. I'm afraid you're with him for the wrong reasons."

Hearing the words from Debbie Downer herself was like a knife in my chest, but she was wrong, really wrong. I was with Josh because I really wanted to be with him, ever since he first kissed me when I visited him in California, I wanted nothing more than to be with him, it had nothing to do with Sam.

"I'm not dating Josh because of Sam," I spat.

"Well, still, I mean come on, he's leaving to go shoot and you know how he's never in the same place for more than a week with his schedule. How are you two ever going to see each other?"

"We'll figure it out. I don't understand why you're so against this."

Surely she was just looking out for me, and maybe it was just too shocking for her to hear because she's known both of us for so long, but I didn't want to argue with her.

When I saw the lights come back on in the house, I couldn't help but giggle when I saw that Josh, who was still in his underwear, was crawling around on the floor with Cato. I wasn't really listening to Molly because Josh looked so damn cute, but I did hear her say "Plus he's a wanted man, Rach. Don't trust other girls and be careful not jump into anything too soon with him. That's all I'm telling you as your best friend. I'd hate to see you guys not work out then lose him as a friend too."

"Would you relax and just be happy for me?" I rolled my eyes, turning my attention back to the phone.

She sighed again, "Alright, fine. I suppose if he makes you happy, I can accept that."

"Thank you, that's all I wanted to hear. Don't go and tell the whole world, ok? We only told a few people, he doesn't want it getting out to the public yet."