11- We Don't Say the V Word in this House

Josh: March 14, 2014

"Wow, Josh! That's a huge paycheck for just a few more appearances. Holy shit, you're gonna be big pimpin pretty soon! You'll be in the club making it rain all over strippers!" Rachael fanned out imaginary dollar bills in the air as we walked outside.

"Haha yeah right. Get in the car," I laughed and pressed the button on my keys to unlock the Audi.

"So what other errands to we have to run today?" Rachael asked, buckling her seatbelt and lowering her sunglasses over her eyes.

"I just need to run to the studio and pick something up, then the rest of the day is all yours." I gave her a wink as I pulled out of the cafe parking lot, making her smile a mile wide. We stopped at the Paramount casting office so I could pick up the revised script for the movie I'd be shooting in London soon. I told Rachael to wait in the car while I ran in. She was on the phone, I'm assuming with Heather, when I got back. They were apparently planning to have a cookout at my house for that night. She hung up and smiled innocently (and adorably) at me after I climbed into the driver's seat.

"So you're planning a little barbeque, at my own house without asking me?"

"Yup. We're gonna need to go grocery shopping later so I can get the stuff to make coleslaw," she replied, putting her phone back in her bag. I rolled my eyes and started the car.

"Yes ma'am. So, where to now?"

"Do you think we could check out Santa Monica? I've never been there."

"You want to go to the beach, I take it?" I proposed.

"Yes, you know me and my beaches!"

"I'll take you somewhere else instead. Santa Monica is full of tourists," I replied, not taking my eyes off the road.

"But Josh! You know I find tourists to be the most interesting breed of people!" she whined like a 5 year old.

"No, I'm not going there, it won't be very fun for you to watch me get mobbed by fans. We're going somewhere else," I demanded.

I never got alone time with Rachael anymore. I wasn't about to spend the afternoon with her and hundreds of other people. I drove up the Pacific Coast Highway until we reached El Matador State Beach.

"Wow!" Rachael exclaimed as she got a look around when she stepped out of the car. Her eyes lit up like a Christmas tree when she saw the ocean from the top of the hill we were on.

"This is a real California beach, better than that tourist trap," I commented, taking my eyes off her and focusing out at the water below us.

We spent the better half of the afternoon just goofing off by the water and crevices in the rocks that were scattered along the coast. It was nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city for a couple hours, and the fact that I got to be alone with Rachael made it even better.

I loved that she had no problem being herself around me. It seemed like she always had this barrier up whenever Sam was around. Sam had certain standards in women and she said she always felt like if she couldn't live up to them, he'd leave her in the dust.

Rachael: February 17, 2013

My eyes fluttered open that morning the second Sam kissed my lips.

"Morning baby," he whispered.

"Hi!" I replied with a smile and stretched my arms over my head. He nuzzled his face into my neck, tickling the sensitive skin with the stubble on his face.

"Are you hungry?" he asked, bringing his hand up to my face, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"When am I not hungry, Sam? How long have you been dating me? You should know this by now."