Cacaphony

Toshiro's fingers were close to touching the stone fingers of the statue when his attention was directed behind him. "Toshiro?"

Two bright teal eyes took in the figure standing near him as the small boy's jaw opened slightly. The youth had a vibrant orange colored hair. A first aid bag was swung over his shoulder and the teen reached up to scratch the top of his head. The child finally found the ability to say something. "Kurosaki?"

"Toshiro. What are you doing all the way out here? You know very well that this neighborhood is dangerous." Ichigo held out his hand to the boy for some strange reason. "You didn't have another one of those blackouts did you?"

"Blackouts?" The white haired preteen suddenly found himself looking back towards the statue. His eyes narrowed due to something pulling him towards that particular object.

"You don't remember blacking out and wandering the streets?" The teenager shook his head and reached out to grab Toshiro's other wrist.

"You're not the real Kurosaki..." Toshiro's attention turned back to reaching towards the statues hand. A loud whirling sound shot past his ear and he suddenly found himself pushed to the ground by the so called Kurosaki. He could feel broken statue falling around him and he then felt himself pulled up and away.

"Like hell I'm not." The preteen glanced up at the teenager speaking to him. "I've told you before that this place is dangerous."

"But..." Two teal eyes glanced back towards the statue. His lips pressed together and he felt as if he had almost found a way to escape the false reality he was in. Suddenly the fatigue simply overtook him and he found himself collapsing to the ground only to be tugged back up by the boy and forced along the way.

His feet became heavier but he continued along as he was forced to walk. Finally they came back to the apartment building that he was supposed to live in, in this reality. The male pushed a button. "Hello! It is Kurosaki Ichigo. I've found and brought Hitsugaya Toshiro home."

"I'll let you in then." The voice stated and Toshiro felt himself tugged up and to the building.

Once they got to the place that the preteen lived with Aizen, the teenager let go of his hand and collapsed onto the couch. "You really make my day sometimes, you know that?"

"Why aren't you in school?" The child sat down next to the boy and pulled his knees up to his chest.

"You know full well that I had to quit school so that I could take care of my family. My sisters need me to pay the bills you know." Ichigo let out a deep sigh. "This is my volunteer job so that I can relieve some stress a few times during the week. Patching up street thugs."

"Where is..." The boy found himself quickly interrupted.

Two brown eyes looked sternly at the boy. "The question is why are you out and about like you are. You obviously didn't have one of your blackouts. You seemed to no full well where you were going. Why aren't you in school?"

"No reason." Toshiro glanced at the ground. "It isn't as if he was the real Kurosaki." The boy paused for a few seconds. "Hold on a second. Would I actually have ever told the real Kurosaki about being bullied? I mean would I tell him if I had been one of his sisters friends rather then a captain of the Gotei Thirteen."

"Liar." Ichigo let out a deep sigh and reached over to ruffle the boy's hair. "If you want me to leave before your dad gets back you need to convince me you aren't having a blackout again."

"That's all right. I want you to stay." The boy stated. "Even though you aren't the real Kurosaki."

"There you go again with that nonsense. I thought this whole blackout thing was fixed before you started up this school year." The boy leaned forward suddenly. "You really don't want to be left alone though? Did something happen at school?"

Without realizing it, Toshiro found himself speaking up. "Yes."

"What happened?" Two teal eyes glanced up to look at the teenager looking at him, but then glanced back down. The fake substitute shinigami spoke up again. "You know that you can talk to me."

"How does Aizen know that I would want to give in this easily? He couldn't have known at all." The boy closed his eyes but then spoke up again. Hyorinmaru didn't speak up any form of warning. "Lets say that this is the real reality and I am actually an elementary school student rather then a shinigami whose job is to guide souls from the living world to soul society."

"Lets say that you are a shinigami." Ichigo piped up.

'Ehh..." The boy glanced at the physically older one in surprise.

"Is that life really better then a life where you don't have to worry about being killed everyday?" The teenager commented.

"There were times I thought that having a normal life would be better. But I also thought I had lived my life in the living world before so I had a normal life before." Toshiro suddenly shook his head. "No, that isn't the way I should be thinking. Particularly when having a normal life isn't that great."

"So what happens to be the matter?" The teenager asked prying further. However, Toshiro didn't speak up. "You would tell me if you were being bullied right?"

"I would like to be left alone. I promise that I won't take off on my own again. I'm also not blacking out anymore. I'll behave." Toshiro glanced at the ground rather then at the boy. "I guess I don't have any choice but to obey when I am in this world. I can't get to the end of it. I can't tell when and where Aizen is really going to be in front of me."

"Do you promise that you'll behave?" Ichigo folded his arms across his chest.

"I promise." The boy slumped over as his mood became more depressed. "Did you hear that Aizen? I promise to behave as this world you created allows. That is what you wanted right?"

"Why have you given up on escaping young one?" His dragon's voice came to him rather concerned.

"What else am I supposed to do? Everyone else who is outside his illusion is able to do something but I'm not. And logically speaking, there is no way I can tell if this is real or that is real. I've tried finding some way to disprove this reality isn't real. I've tried finding a way to get as far away as I can. I had enough problems attacking him when I thought I knew where he was. I don't have any option but to give in right?"

"I don't like the route your mind is traveling." The dragon's voice sounded worried for some reason.

"I guess if you promise me that you won't go off on your own again I can leave you by yourself." The orange haired teenager stood up. "If you need to talk be about something my cellphone number is in your own."

Toshiro didn't look up as the sound of the door opening and closing came to his ears. After a few hours he stood up and walked into the kitchen. "I really want this all to just end." Glancing up at the ceiling his shoulders slumped. His voice then spoke up rather monotone. "There is one way that I can get out of this where I win and he loses."

The ice zampaktuo knew full well where Toshiro's mind was going and he made it very clear he wasn't happy with the decision. "Don't think about doing that young master. There is another solution to this whole mess."

"Are you telling me I need to continue waiting like some damsel in distress. This has been the most humiliating situation I have ever been in." The boy reached into a drawer and pulled out a knife. Carefully he took the knife and slid it across his wrist with no hesitation. Cutting the other wrist though wasn't as an easy task but he ended up pulling the blade across.

The boy then leaned against the counter and slid down as he felt the blood drip from his body. His small body then fell to the ground and he moved one of his hands forward. "This is like the time Aizen sliced me up right after he sliced up Hinamori."

His fingers closed though when he heard the door open and then close and footsteps begin to approach him and he glanced up knowing someone was coming towards him. Toshiro felt a few tears trickle down his cheek wondering if anything would go the way he planned it.