Three Shinigami

The three shinigami traveled through the dark passages, using their spiritual pressure to form a path to Hueco Mundo. They also had a rough idea where Kurosaki Ichigo was as there was some sort of information from the twelfth division on the subject matter. They came to the entrance and pushed through, their feet shifting in the sand.

Upon arriving in the dessert the shinigami took their bearing to feel out any surges in reiatsu. Nanao glanced up and over in the direction that a particular surge came from. "It seems as if they are already in trouble despite the fact they've just arrived here."

Renji let out a disgusted sound. "I bet Ichigo's run into something head first and gotten into trouble again."

"And you don't do that?" Rukia piped up.

The three headed in the direction they felt their friends were in. As they hurried to the spot, they couldn't help but notice how the attacks Ichigo and the company launched at the giant hollow did nothing and it kept reforming. Renji's eyebrow rose up. "What the hell is wrong with this hollow?"

"It's made of sand and can regenerate using the sand." Rukia piped up. "I'll take care of the hollow. It should be vulnerable to water and ice attacks."

"How do you..." the red head spoke up, only to find Nanao giving him a rather dark glare that meant her feminist idealism was acting up again. He found his unfinished question answered. Rukia took her stance and launched a large amount of ice at the giant being and it froze over. His eyes then drifted towards the group they had joined as did the fukutaicho of the eighth division.

"Rukia?" Ichigo was looking straight at them, a look of surprise on his face."

The smallest female placed her hands on her hips as she glared at the substitute shinigami. "Seriously? Why couldn't you have waited for us?"

Renji found himself glancing away, not interested in where the conversation was going. He noticed that Ichigo's group had for some reason gained Hollows Mentally he brushed the issue off as he knew full well that Kurosaki Ichigo wouldn't tag along with Hollows if he thought them to be enemies. His eyes drifted to Orihime, whom Rukia was greeting.

"Can I ask why Inoue is here? She isn't much use in a battle?" the red head shinigami piped up.

"Are you talking down on her simply because she's a female Abarai Fukutaicho?" Nanao spoke up, her voice filled with irritation. All of the males suddenly backed away as her tone indicated she meant business. She stepped forward and looked at the Arrancar that was around them. "I'm rather confused. Why are they not attacking us?"

The next thing the fukutaicho of the eighth division knew, all three of the Arrancar were on their knees. The long, thin one's eyes began to water. "Please don't kill us."

"Yes Mr. Shinigami person." The round one bemoaned.

The small child like Arrancar however turned to the other. "Silly. She's Ms. Shinigami person because she is a female. Even Nel can tell that."

Nanao found herself blinking at the three as her confusion grew. Renji let out a deep sigh. "What are you guys doing with these guys?"

Nel raised her hand with a big smile. "Nel is playing eternal tag with them!"

Upon seeing Nanao still staring at them, the green haired Arrancar went back to a begging position. Ichigo let out a deep sigh. "Apparently these three are siblings."

"How can Arrancar be siblings?" Nanao said as her confusion grew.

"Are we going to go there again?" The thin male stated. "Lady, are you prejudiced against Hollows or something?"

The female fukutaicho's mouth dropped open and then she pushed her glasses up and glared at him. "I think it is a little hard not to be prejudiced against Hollows when a good portion of them go around eating people's souls."

"But we don't do that!" Nel suddenly cried out, raising her small fist into the air.

"That's because the three of you seem to timid to attack and eat souls." Renji grumbled. "Ichigo... we need to be going. There is no telling what Aizen is doing Hitsugaya Taicho."

"Aizen?" The child Arrancar suddenly began to shake. "You're going to that place?"

The group suddenly turned their heads towards the big fortress like place. The light tone of the conversation left. Rukia was the one to speak up. "We have to go. One of our comrades was taken. I think you three understand the feeling of not wanting to abandon one of your own."

"But that place? Nel is scared of that place. Nel wants you to stay with us." The small Arrancar began to pout. Nanao found herself being effected by the childish speech. "Nel wants to stay with Ichigo."

"How about we make a deal." The fukutaicho stated, remembering all to well the reason she was going on this mission for Matsumoto. "We have to go in and rescue this person. We can though travel for awhile as a group and then we can say our goodbyes."

The small female brightened up. "Nel likes that. We can ride Bawabawa."

"Bawabawa?" Various members of the group blinked a couple of times. The trio however pointed at the giant worm that was with them. No one could think up an argument and they found themselves riding upon the creature.

Orihime tried speaking to Nel, only to find the small female glaring at her for some reason while she clutched to Ichigo. The female would have found her feelings hurt if Rukia hadn't been treated in the same manner. The small female strangely seemed jealous if any other female gave Ichigo attention. This struck the wrong cord with Orihime but she simply smiled. "Nel is just a little kid. It isn't as if she would be competition for Ichigo's feelings too."

Despite the fact Rukia and Orihime couldn't get Nel to give them a second glance, Nanao was able to freely speak to her. "So you're basically telling me they found you and decided to take care of you?"

"Does Nel's story seem strange? Nel is telling the truth."

"I'm quiet sure you're telling me the truth as you see things." Nanao glanced over at the other two Arrancar at this point and saw that they made a strange face as she watched them.

On the positive side of things, traveling upon the giant worm meant that they cut down their traveling time. Things were going easy, but they should have known that things being that easy meant something would crop up and throw a hitch into their plans. This occurred when a pillar of sand suddenly sprung out of nowhere.

Rukia went to use her zampaktuo while Nanao prepared an ice kido. Everything didn't go as planned though, as when Rukia's blade suddenly went into the back of Bawabawa the creature reared up and began to thrash. Nanao watched as her kido spell went flying off into the wrong direction. The next thing they knew the ground began to move under them and they found themselves sinking into the dessert.