Unlucky Fate

Toshiro followed behind Nanao, his small hand clutching the sleeve of her robes. Something was worrying her, but he wasn't sure if he should ask what was bothering her as she might not be real and give him some strange answer that would frustrate him. They continued along down the hall way and he glanced around taking everything in. Everything felt to calm and too good to be true and his head was starting to hurt.

A sudden explosion came from behind them and the boy found himself turning his head slowly while Nanao spun around in panic. The Espada he remembered battling from when he was captured suddenly glared at him. "If it isn't Aizen's little toy."

"Hitsugaya Taicho..." Nanao's voice tightened and her body tensed up.

"He's the Espada I supposedly fought in the world of the living." Toshiro's face remained emotionless.

"Excuse me... you did in fact fight me." Luppi then let out a chuckle. "Of course, you aren't sure what is real or not because Aizen-sama messed with that little head of yours. Understand though that I owe you for what you did to me in the world of the living. I can easily kill the woman with you and crush your body to near death and blame it on one of the other Espada or one of their Fraccion. Not that anyone would believe you."

The small boy continued to stare while he clutched onto the sleeve of Nanao. The woman glanced down. "Aren't you going to say something?"

"He's not going to say anything. In case you haven't noticed Aizen has seriously broken his moral and he doesn't know whether up is up and down is down. He could make a good Fraccion for me once Aizen is done with him though, particularly since he is pretty much broken in already." The male narrowed his eyes. "But I still want to make sure that he will do what I want, so I need him to know that I am a threat."

"How?" Toshiro spoke up, still looking at Luppi.

"What do you mean how?" The Espada covered his mouth and his eyes narrowed from lack of amusement at what Toshiro was telling him.

"If you're real, you are very stupid." The small boy could feel his mouth twisted up into that sarcastic partial smirk that he typically kept at bay. "It isn't as if it matters if I reveal what I feel."

"Why? Because you beat me before? Do you really think the same tricks are going to work like before?"

"No... neither one of our abilities will work well in this inclosed space." The boy continued to stare at the Espada.

Nanao carefully removed the boy's hand from her sleeve. "I'm going to take care of this. Stay close to me Hitsugaya Taicho." She then took her blade and pushed Luppi away from the boy. "His hint gives me an advantage as I can fight in close quarters."

She suddenly found herself hit away from him as he laughed. "Do you honestly think that I wouldn't have been prepared for the fact a hallway has limited room? The place I attacked from has plenty of space."

Toshiro stepped closer and frowned as he watched Nanao be tossed into the wall next to him. "I should possibly fight, but she has my zampaktuo. I also don't know if this is real, but if it is real I shouldn't allow her to get hurt."

He found himself leaning down and pointing at his blade. Nanao blinked a couple of times. "What?" She noticed where he was pointing and frowned. "Your zampaktuo? I am not sure if you are in any condition to fight."

"So?" He watched as Nanao's mouth twisted up in frustration. The woman's eyes told him that she felt he wasn't in any condition to fight. "It's better then me doing nothing."

She reached for his blade, only for the two of them to suddenly find themselves by a great distance. Luppi had gone to his resurrection form while they were talking and they found themselves gripped by the large tentacles. Luppi let out a deep sigh. "Wow... that was way to easy." He looked up at Toshiro frowning. "Why are you still staring at me with that stupid look on your face? I'm going to kill the woman you know."

"How do I know you're real?"

"Excuse me?" The Espada's eyes narrowed and ground his teeth together from irritation. He then tightened the grip his long arm had on the boy. "Does that feel real to you or not?"

Toshiro opened his mouth and then closed it. Despite the fact he could feel a couple of his ribs breaking, his mind wasn't processing what was happening to him. Everything was a blur and his ability to focus on what was going on simply wasn't coming to him. "It feels real, but that doesn't mean it is real."

"You brat!" The grip around him tightened. Luppi watched as Toshiro suddenly spit out a bit of blood from mouth and his mouth twisted into a grin. The next thing they knew the arm that was holding onto Toshiro went flying through the wall. "Do you think this is funny?"

"I never said it was funny. I don't know what I should be thinking. As I told you, I don't know what is real or not." The boy could feel a little bit of blood trickling down his forehead. His lungs were burning and he knew that one of them had collapsed.

"So, you really just have become Aizen's toy that he is hogging to himself." The Espada chuckled before saying something else. "Some of us should be allowed to use you as a punching bag."

"Stop it!" Nanao spoke up causing the dark haired male to turn and glare at her.

"Shut up!" The arm began to tighten around her in order to shut her up.