Emerging into Chaos

When Rukia and Orihime fell they found themselves surrounded by a bunch of Menos Grande. As the shinigami lifted her blade to attack the Menos Grande and launched an attack she found that more came to gather. Orihime on the other hand didn't seem to be bothered by the fact they were being surrounded and was able to take one of them out with her attack.

Things became tense and suddenly a creature came out of nowhere and both girls found themselves knocked unconscious. Orihime was the first to awaken and she saw what seemed to be an Arrancar standing over Rukia inside of a small cave inclosure. She placed her hands to the side of her head and tried attacking again, only to have the person hit the attack to the side. "You have no intent to kill in your attack."

The man removed his mask just as Rukia came awake. They ended up speaking before the man moved to bring the two girls back to the rest of his group. The question of what was going on and whether or not the surge of Hollows was lessening in the living world came up but Rukia avoided the question. Despite his feelings about Hollows he didn't say anything when they joined up with Ichigo.

Finally the entire party ended up on the surface and introductions could be made as they yet again moved towards the entrance of the large building Kano Ashido walked with them and his questions about the situation they found themselves in came up yet again. While Rukia tried holding off telling Ashido about the situation Soul Society was in, other people's mouths were more apt to say something.

"I was asking these two what the situation in the living world is, whether or not my being here has lessened the number of Hollow's in the living world." The man commented, his eyes turning to look at the three hollows who huddled behind Kurosaki Ichigo.

"I am honestly not sure. We're more worried about an internal situation." Nanao said. She looked right at the man. "You needn't worry about it though."

"He needn't worry?" Renji let out a scoffing sound. "You forget the fact we had three captains suddenly turn traitor on us. Ichimaru Gin I can understand as he was always creepy, but the other two are still hard to accept."

"The other two are..." Ashido's mouth pushed together.

"Aizen and Tosen," Nanao shook her head. "And yes... they were more surprising then seeing Ichimaru pull this stunt. Their base is in that large building you see in front of you."

"So your group is launching an attack on them? Isn't that fool hardy with the few numbers you have?" The man frowned. "Well.. you have me to help you now. And finding out that captains turned traitor is as believable as certain Hollow's being good. Yes... its not something my mind is wrapping around, but I see those three in front of me and how they interacted with you. At least so far."

"Actually... we're here on a rescue mission." Rukia's voice strained.

"Who are you rescuing?" The man asked.

A period of silence passed before Nanao spoke up again. "We are rescuing one of the captains."

"I'm surprised a captain was captured and is still alive to be rescued." Ashido's words caused everyone to suddenly flinch.

"We're hoping they've kept this one alive." Renji took the turn to speak up. "This captain is the youngest captain in Soul Societies history so there may be some alternative reason for them kidnapping him. And kidnapping is the literal word for what they've done."

"Well, I'll honestly follow you where ever the path may lead."

Eventually they came to the wall of the fortress and everyone stared up wondering which direction they should head off in to find an entrance. Ichigo smarted off about how they should just make themselves and entrance and the wall was smashed. They went in and began to walk down the hall before they came to a place where the hall bridged off into different directions. The next thing everyone knew they were heading in different directions.

Ichigo found himself alone with Nel as he went hurtling down the corridor. He felt around trying to feel for Toshiro's reiatsu but found himself unable to trace the person. "Where are Nel and Ichigo going?"

The substitute shinigami found himself flinching upon hearing her voice. "I thought you were going to stay behind with your brothers?"

"Nel doesn't want Ichigo to leave."

This caused the substitute shinigami to suddenly freeze in his steps. "Yeah... but I plan on coming back."

"Nobody comes back from here."

"You do realize that you won't be coming back either with that logic?"

"Nel's scared..." The small Arrancar hunkered down and bent her head so that Ichigo couldn't look her in the face if he glanced over her shoulder.

"I don't have time to take you back." The substitute shinigami sighed.

"Nel can help..."

Ichigo let out a deep sigh knowing full well he would keep her with him as he didn't feel safe leaving her alone without her so called brothers. "Just stay out of the way while I'm fighting."

There was a period of silence and the young man found himself suddenly entering a room area. Glancing around he wondered which direction to take this time. Nel slipped down slightly on his back and he pulled her back up. "Which direction..." The young man suddenly paused as he sensed a familiar reiatsu coming his way at slow pace. "It can't be."

"What can't be?" Nel piped up from his shoulder.

Ichigo blinked his brown eyes a few times, his eyes directed at a very particular doorway. A small figure stepped through the doorway. The boy wore clothing like the Arrancar did. The outfit was comprised of long pants and a sleeveless vest that didn't cover the midsection on the person. A familiar head of white hair was there.

"Toshiro?"