Twisted Feelings

The lights in Inoue Orihime's apartment were not turned on despite the fact the sunlight was fading. The busty teen sat at her small table staring at a cold cup of tea. Her mind drifted through different parts of the situation that was going on. "I don't understand why Soul Society won't go after Toshiro-kun. I know he is a captain but to abandon someone so young is horrible. Not to mention everyone cares about Toshiro... don't they?"

Her mind stopped and thought about things. "The way Toshiro distances himself it isn't as if he is close to any of the other shinigami. Even Matsumoto has problems with him and she is the only one acted close. So is Toshiro looked down upon because there is something desperately wrong with him? Is he some sort of monster and that is why Aizen wants him?"

Orihime quickly shook her head. "No. Toshiro isn't a monster. The little time I've spent with him it is rather obvious he is a sweet little boy. Why isn't anyone going after him? If I was stronger I would be going after him. I wouldn't leave him all alone. I know all to well what it is like to be alone. I remember when Sora died."

"But... if I was stronger couldn't I have stopped them from taking Toshiro?" The female's brown eyes suddenly went wide. "If I was stronger could I have protected him from what happened?"

Closing her eyes she called out her small friends to hear their opinions. Lily flew right in front of Orihime's face. "Is something wrong?"

"What could I have done to protect Toshiro?"

"Nothing?" Tsubaki grumbled. "Woman... you don't have the ambition to attack people. That is why you were unable to use me to attack. Don't you see that they are the enemy? There is no talking peacefully with them to get the kid back. There is going to be fighting and people are going to get hurt and chances are people are going to die."

"I don't want to kill people." The female glanced down at her hands that were curled in her lap.

"So you would rather do nothing and watch the people around you die?" The dark colored small friend folded his arms. At that point Shun Shun Rikka disappeared and Orihime found herself standing up. Her mind was determined about what she was going to do but her mind didn't comprehend what that would entail.

She left her apartment and ended up at Urahara's shop. She walked in and saw Jinta standing there. The man looked up and clicked his fan shut. "I know what you are thinking and I am flat out going to tell you it isn't a good idea."

"Are you going to tell me that I can't go?" Orihime spoke up in frustration.

"I can't tell you what you can or can't do. I can only advise that it isn't a good idea." The man let out a deep sigh. "I doubt I or any of your friends will be able to convince you otherwise. Head on down the to basement. I am sure that the others will be along soon."

The female stepped down into the pit below the shop and sat waiting for the others to come. When Uryu and Chad saw her neither one of them was pleased. Ichigo showed up and at first was against all of the others going. However, Uryu and Chad flat out told Ichigo they had become stronger. Orihime simply held her hands. "Have I become stronger?"

There was a pause in her thoughts. "Now is not the time to doubt oneself. I've been training with Rukia so I must have become stronger too." She took a deep breath. "There is a reason I went to Soul Society to train."

Ichigo frowned. "I get the idea I'm not going to be able to convince you."

"Nobody's going to convince me that I shouldn't help." The female thought to herself.

M

When Nanao Ise left the tenth division she went straight back to her division and began to pack the supplies she would need for her journey to Los Mundos. The door to her quarters was open as she did so and as she packed the last of the supplies she suddenly found a couple of water jugs tossed beside her things.

She pushed her glasses up and then spoke carefully. "I've already packed water sir."

"The water isn't for you." Kyoraku Taicho's voice came from the doorway and she turned to see him lounging in the frame work. "Hitsugaya Taicho was taken to a desert. There is no telling if Aizen is going to keep the kid cool or let Hitsugaya-kun's heat sickness run wild. I think it is best not to chance it."

"I thought you were going to be taking a back seat in all of this." Nanao spoke up before placing the bag over her shoulder.

"A back seat to what?" The man stated before slipping away.

The fukutaicho of the eighth division then headed over to the sixth division. Word from a couple of taicho taking a back seat had reached her that Kuchiki Taicho was going to be opening the gate for his sister and his fukutaicho. She stepped through the division entrance and headed to where the gate would be opening.

When Rukia saw her she placed a hand on her hilt. "We aren't going to let you stop us from leaving. Nii-sama has already said his only orders were to bring us back."

"You are mistaken." Nanao pushed her glasses up in her habitual fashon.

"You think we can't stop you?" Renji glanced at his captain but didn't place a hand n his hilt. He ws more hesitant knowing full well that fighting among the ranks was forbidden.

The woman let out a deep sigh. "Again. You are mistaken. Do you think I would be caring supplies for a mission if I didn't plan on going with you?"

The two younger shinigami suddenly looked at each other in confusion. Byakuya suddenly tossed a cloak to Rukia and Renji each and then two to Nanao. He turned to walk away. "I believe you can put those to good use."

The gate opened and the three shinigami leaped through and began running across the surface. They hoped to soon come to Los Mundos.