Broken Ice Child

Szayel was sitting at his desk when the door to his so called office slammed open. He glanced up expecting to see the moronic Grimmjow having kicked down the door, but he should have remembered that the Espada was up against the substitute shinigami and was currently busy. Instead, he found the silver haired ex-shinigami standing there with the child taicho in his arms. "We have a problem."

"No. It looks like you have a problem." The man smirked.

Gin smirked at the man and did exactly what Szayel didn't like, he remained unafraid of him as he spoke. "You'll have a problem if Aizen's toy is broken beyond repair and has to be tossed out."

"How do you know if Aizen cares if the kid lives or dies?" The man frowned, wishing there was a way to get to this particular person.

"Do you want to test Aizen's patience and see if he's going to kill you. Save the kid and you know he won't kill you whether he cared or not." Gin stated. "I know I don't want to risk his wrath. That's why I brought him."

"Uh-huh. I'll fix him up, but this is taking time out of me watching their progress."

"I'll take him to another place as soon as you've patched him up and put him out of your way." The silver haired man smiled at the man.

"You can go until I finish."

"And let you do something Aizen doesn't want?" Gin let out a tut-tutting sound. "Oh... and make sure it isn't too healed up. The kiddo will suspect something otherwise."

"Well, this is no fun." The pink haired man stated.

A few minutes later, Gin was carrying the boy to his own quarters. He then headed out to speak with Aizen. The man raised an eyebrow when he saw him. "What is it Ichimaru?"

"The kid tried killing himself. Took him to be patched up by that witch doctor." The man stated.

"Amusing. I'll be there in a few minutes to speak with the boy. Where is he by the way?"

"My quarters," the man stated, before turning on his heels. "It was the only place I could control at such a short period of time."

"I did know what happened Gin." Aizen commented before he was gone.

The man's footsteps fell on the ground and suddenly a feeling came to him and he found himself flashstepping back to his room. The door was open and he found himself hiding his rieatsu as he pulled out his blade and placed it against the Espada who had tried to intrude into the room. "I thought we could be friends Luppi-chan, but apparently you want to mess with Aizen's toy."

"His toy is in your room, so he must have discarded him for you to play with. I swore that I would make him pay." Luppi spoke up.

"Aizen didn't throw him away. I couldn't keep him at Szayel's place after he patched the kiddo up. If you want, I can send you to him in pieces. I trust him to handle you with care."

"Fine, I'll leave." Luppi snapped, before ducking on Gin's arm. "But this isn't over." A sleeve was held up to his mouth. "And I don't trust that you're telling the whole truth."

The silver haired man pulled out a chair and sat down to watch the child. Toshiro took a deep breath and his teal eyes opened up. Gin pulled the chair closer so he could lean over and saw that the child's eyes were glazed over. The boy took another deep breath before glancing away. "About the conversation we had earlier."

"Shit. I don't need him figuring things out. If he does Aizen may figure things out."

"What is your relationship to me?"

Gin swallowed, pausing before he spoke up. "I work for your father. He's on a business trip and is hurrying back as fast as he can. "There was another pause. "I'm sure he wants to tell you how upset he is with you but also how much he loves and cherishes you."

"You aren't speaking like the Ichimaru Gin from that world." Toshiro frowned.

"I'm not the Ichimaru of that world."

The next question surprised the silver haired man. "Why did you find me and not him?"

Aizen's voice came to him clearly. "Because I sent him to check up on you because I couldn't. Hat were you thinking?"

"He didn't say thankfully..." Gin thought to himself. He watched as Aizen spoke to the boy while the boy tried to ignore the man and go off into his own little world. The sudden cry for Hyorinmaru told Gin that Toshiro had been very unsuccessful at mentally retreating. He watched as the boy began to panic and a frown spread across his face. Aizen told him then to step out of the room.

"Shiro-chan can't speak to Hyorinmaru? I hear him just fine."

"He did use Hyorinmaru to try and kill himself. He tried to kill himself. Chibi tried killing himself."

It was then that Aizen stepped out of the room. "Why did you choose to save him?"

"I didn't know what plans you had for him. You seem happy that he can't talk to his zampaktuo spirit."

"It means he's broken like I want him to be, which is... I might add... part of my plan." The man looked Gin straight in the eye. "I actually didn't want him dead, so you stopping him from killing himself worked out."

"Great." Gin frowned at the man. "I don't see though what plans you have with him. I mean... seeing him this way is depressing. I don't like being depressed."

"You shouldn't have said that. He can figure things out you know. Remember, the kiddo is bugged."

"That is the point Ichimaru. While it may be true that your jealous of him being the youngest captain in Soul Society's history, seeing their youngest captain broken in front of them is key to me taking control and demoralizing everyone else after I destroy most if not all of the captains." Aizen smirked. "Of course, I can't have him killing himself off though, so I'm going to give him something to make him feel like there is something in it if he stays in this little world I made him and play along."

"What is it?"

"Why don't you come along in a couple of hours when he thinks a few days have passed." Aizen smirked.

"You can make people think a lot of time has passed?" Gin shook his head.

"Would you rather have your room back or not?" The man then added something. "I'm using the fact he's done damage to himself to help create the illusion, as his mind is in a stage where it will work well."