The Funeral

I was on my way back from another mission but stopped a few miles before arriving at the next hideout. I summoned the panther who I sent to the village a couple days ago.

  "Milady, I did as you asked." He stated.  

"Sorry to send you back but I need you to tell them more."  

"Before that Milday, they wanted me to tell you something."  

"What is that?"  

"Once of the fire temples were destroyed and a monk was killed then taken away. Some Leaf Ninja were sent to investigate and found out that it was the Akatsuki who attacked them. They caught up with the two members and one of the members killed a Leaf Jonin."  

"Who was it?"  

"Hidan and Kakuzu killed Sarutobi Asuma."  

Everything fell silent. I couldn't find any words to say. My body wouldn't move except I would shake. Asuma is dead....First Lord Hokage and now Asuma...The Sarutobi clan lies in the hands of Konoharmaru now. Poor kid, he must be devastated. I should have been there! Maybe I could have prevented his death!

I should've told the Leaf of everyone's abilities which could have helped them. They were no match for Hidan and Kakuzu! I can't stand a chance let alone them. Why Asuma?! He has a team to care for and he has Kurenai and everyone! Why him?! It should've been me not him!  

"Milady, are you alright?"  

"Uh yeah,"  

"What about that message?"  

"Forget it....you can go back."  

"Are you sure you're alright?"  

"I crouched down to his level and stroked his head gently. 

  "I'll be fine...go back to your family."  

With that, he was gone. I got up from my position and headed in the direction that I was facing.  

~With The Village~    

All the Shinobi of the Leaf stood in the cemetery paying their respects to their fallen comrade Asuma. Everyone dressed in black as they put flowers on his grave. It was silent throughout the crowd besides the silent sobbing of some people.  

"Uncle Asuma," Konohomaru sobbed.  

"Where's Shikamaru?" Ino questioned.  

"When I swung by his house, Obachan told me he already left." Choji said.  

All watched as Kurenai stood with her team at her side as words were said about Asuma. The ceremony wasn't as long as usual but most stayed to pay their respects. A figure stood beside Kakashi for awhile before he addressed them.  

"You come to pay your respects?" Kakashi questioned glancing at the cloaked figure.

  "It's the least I could do."  She replied.

"Its good that you came, I thought you wouldn't come."

  "I wouldn't miss this, Its too important."  

"Did you miss it here?"  

"Very, I see that they added Tsunade's face on the mountain."  She said looking up at the Hokage mountain.

"They finished that a while ago."  

"I see, I guess it wouldn't take that long."  

"Why else are you here? You must've came for another reason."