A day with Sasuke

Finally the long month it was finally over! The day of the Chuunin exam finals are tomorrow where Naruto and Sasuke will fight their opponents. I was walking to the hospital from yet another boring day.

"What room is Naruto Uzumaki in?" I asked the woman behind the desk.

"Room 120 second floor on your left." She replied.

"Thank you,"

I headed into the direction of where Naruto should be. When I reached the room but I didn't see Naruto. I felt a chakra level a few rooms over; a powerful one too. I could tell that it was a Jinchuuriki who was with Naruto and Shikamaru in Lee's room. I appeared in the room just in time to block Gaara's attack towards them. Then Gai came in.

"That's enough," Gai said standing at the door.

"Safe it for tomorrow," I said.

"The finals are tomorrow, don't get so antsy or do you want to stay here starting today?"

Then Gaara grabbed his head in pain.

"I'll definitely kill you guys.....Just wait." Gaara said leaving the room.

"I could've handled it myself," I said to Gai.

"Sorry Izuka but he's my student so it's only natural."

"I know Gai,"

I then turned to Naruto and Shikamaru.

"You both should go home and rest for the matches tomorrow." I ordered.

"Izuka are you okay?" Naruto questioned.

"Yeah; just tired." I replied faking a yawn.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah just fine,"

I wasn't fine...the five year anniversary is coming up in a few days. Five years since......since Itachi attempted to kill me.............since he massacred the clan......It's always been a painful day for both Sasuke and I.

"Naruto, go home and get some rest. You too Shikamaru......you both have a big day tomorrow."

"Yeah! I'm going to wipe the floor with Neji!" Naruto cheered.

"I know you well Naruto........You're a great shinobi." I complimented.

Naruto gave me his well known smile.

"Have I ever told you that I love that smile of yours?"

"Yeah, about a million times."

"Well it's because I do. It's contagious." I said ruffling his hair.

He laughed in response.

"Well you really do need your rest,"

"Okay, bye Izuka!" He said walking towards his home.

I watched his fading figure until it was completely gone. I then teleported to where Kakashi was training Sasuke. When I appeared I saw an exhausted Sasuke with a bored Kakashi.

"How's the training going?" I questioned making both boys jump in surprise.

"Where did you come from?" Kakashi questioned.

"............My mom.............." I answered bluntly.

"-_-' I see you still have your humor."

"I try,"

"What do you need?"

"I just wanted to see Sasuke; I haven't seen him in a month."

"Well he's a worn out but he's getting there."