Tear In My Heart

Niall notices Harry shifting from foot to foot awkwardly and tugs on their linked hands to draw his attention. Harry glances over at Niall, forcing a smile. Niall chuckles and steps closer, pressing their arms together and resting his chin on Harry's shoulder.

"Hey."

"Hey?"

"You're uncomfortable." Harry doesn't respond right away, but eventually shakes his head slowly, eyes straying around the group of people they were a part of. The other lads are talking to each other about something Harry hadn't been following, so he honestly had no idea what it was.

"No I'm not..." he mumbles unconvincingly. Niall smiles and presses a quick kiss to Harry's jaw.

"Yes you are. We didn't have to come, you know," Harry looks at Niall with a frown.

"You wanted to,"

"Yeah, but I know how uncomfortable you get when we go out with my friends. I told you we could stay at yours..." Niall steps in front of Harry now, taking both of his hands and standing on his tip toes so that they were nose to nose.

"I wanted to do something you wanted to do today, you've been doing what I want for so long, and-"

"-babe!" Niall interrupts. Harry's lips press together and his brow furrows. "It's okay! I'm perfectly fine with doing what you want, know why?" Harry shakes his head with a frown.

"Because I'm with you. I'll go to as many gallery openings, indie music festivals, poetry readings, and tiny little record shops as you want, as long as I can be next to you, holding your hand." Niall wants to kiss the frown off of Harry's lips but opts for a quick peck to the corner of his mouth instead, since they are in the middle of a group of people. A slow smile takes over Harry's face and he shakes his head.

"I don't deserve you."

"Want to go back to yours?" Niall offers, light blush dusting his face as he sinks back to his own height. Harry thinks about that for a beat before shaking his head.

"No, it's okay. You bought the tickets, we have to stay for the game." Niall smiles now.

"If you're sure-"

"-hey, Harry-" their conversation is interrupted by Eown. Niall drops Harry's right hand and steps back to his side as Eown steps up to the pair. Harry looks at Eown in surprise.

"Yeah?"

"Do you two ever go anywhere without the other? I saw you lads at The Black Keys concert last week. My guess is, you brought Niall, right?"

"Why would you think that?"

"You just seem more like the type than Nialler here. He's the one who likes Bieber and boy bands, after all-"

-hey! I like The Black Keys!" Niall protests indignantly. Eown and Harry laugh at Niall's offense and Harry shrugs.

"So what other music do you like, then?" Harry lists off several artists that Niall knows vaguely from hearing their music when he had been in Harry's car in the past, and Eown mentions that he listens to most of them too. They begin discussing one of the artists and Niall gives Harry's hand a squeeze before releasing it. Harry glances at him briefly as he backs away from the 2 of them, towards Sean and Deo. Harry gives a smile before looking back to Eown and Niall nods in satisfaction.

**************************************************************************

The title honestly has nothing to do with the drabble, but seriously, go listen to Tear In My Heart by Twenty One Pilots right now, goodbye.