Chapter 22 (Hawaii)

1 Month Later

Alissa POV

The girls and I continued on with life, although there was always the absence of the boys present in the house. Although the girls would still have their Skype's and chats with boys almost every week, I on the other hand was getting more distant with them. Harry and I would text each other sometimes as friends...

Harry: Hey, how are you doing x

Me: Good, how's the tour?

Harry: Good I guess...

Me: Nice that your having fun :)

You could tell just looking at our conversations that it never really was a conversation, their was always this tentativeness between us. There were things we wanted to say but just couldn't.. I missed him a lot, although I knew that he would move on eventually and so would I. It was just a matter of when that would be.

"Alissa, guess what?" I heard Kyana squeal from downstairs.

"What?" I said as I walked downstairs joining the rest of the girls downstairs.

"Louis just told me that we can come visit them next week, for a couple of days while they have a break." She said smiling.

All the girls jumped up and down all excited.

"I don't think I can go..." I answered looking at my fingers.

"Why?" Noemi asked with a confused look.

"I have university starting next week, I think it's better for me to stay." I answered.

I was lying, the truth was I don't think I could handle being face to face with Harry. Zayn and him had finally made up and things were back to how they were before. I didn't want to mess anything else up..

*********************************************

10 Months Later

"I'll take a tall caramel macchiato." I ordered. The barista wrote it down on the Starbucks cup before I paid them and grabbed my coffee.

I walked across the grass of my university, sipping my drink. School was finally over again, it had been a tough year but I managed through it.

"Alissa!" I heard some yell as they ran across the grass towards me. I stopped and turned around, not again I thought.

It was Fiona, she has been trying to be my friend all year.

"So are you going to be hanging out with your brother Zayn and his friends again this summer?" She asked twirling a piece of her blonde hair.

"No." I stated simply looking at her.

"Why not?" She asked looking at me confused.

Her friend's Megan and Tori came up and joined us.

"Alissa, we should hang out sometime." They both chimed.

I rolled my eyes as they continued to ramble on about things we could do, most of them involving One Direction.

This is what I mean by a tough year, ever since last summer the word that I was Zayn's little sister has spread like crazy, and the fact that I dated Harry made it even worse. On the first day I still remembered how everyone crowded me and kept asking me questions about how good of a kisser he was, or if I broke up because of Zayn, and etc...

I honestly never knew who my real friends were anymore, which is why I was so happy it was summer again. Although at the same time I was sad because all it did was remind me of everything that had happened last summer.