Ice Rink

Before going to Allison's; Lydia and I went to her house. "Do you need something to change into?" I shrugged and glanced down at my outfit. "I should be fine." She shook her head at me and smirked. "I wasn't seriously asking you. Here, put this dress on."

She threw a maroon dress at me along with a black cardigan. "Okay-" She pushed me out of the room and I walked the rest of the way to the bathroom. I changed quickly and Lydia was already waiting for me in the hallway by the door. "Okay, let's go." She didn't know we were going anywhere but to Allison's and I smiled to myself.

It'll be nice to let Lydia have something normal going on. Maybe I can even shove her towards Stiles a little bit. Usually the idea of fifth wheeling sounded horrible but if I didn't go Lydia would avoid Stiles at all costs. I'm going to be the helper.

We got there and I stepped up first, ringing the doorbell. "Jayla. Lydia." I froze and looked up slowly. "Allison's up in her room." Lydia went past me and straight upstairs. My heart was pounding as I slid past Gerard to follow her. Lydia was already in Allison's room when I knocked.

The second the door opened I was wrapped in a tight hug and I widened my eyes before hugging back. "You okay Alli?" She smiled and nodded. "Of course. Can I not hug you when you come over?" A smiled flashed onto my face and I nodded quickly. "Of course you can hug me. I love hugs. Lydia never hugs me." Lydia laughed from across the room and I fake stuck my tongue out at her.

There was a knock on the door and I went over to Lydia as Allison went to open the door. We talked about random stuff. Mostly clothes and her telling me to wear darker shades of colors. "Okay you girls ready to go?" I turned to Allison and Lydia stood up. "Of course. Let's go." We left the house and Allison drove us to the ice rink. Scott and Stiles met us there and they each had a smile on their faces. Scott greeted Allison with a kiss and Stiles went ahead to open the door.

"Jayla what size are you?" Stiles was getting the shoes and I looked at the bottom of my boots. "six and a half." He nodded and brought over the skates. Lydia was a couple benches below me and I rolled my eyes at Stiles. "Go." He looked at me blankly. "Wha-" Grabbing his face, I turned it towards Lydia. "Go." He nodded and went down the benches. Their conversation was easy to hear so I just listened in while tying up my skates.

"Could it be any colder in here?" Stiles pulled out a bright orange sweater and held it out to her. "Here." Mentally I awwed but frowned because I knew Lydia wouldn't wear it. Something about blue and orange not looking good together or something. "I'm wearing blue. Orange and blue, not a good combination." Stiles' shoulders dropped as he put it back in his bag. "But it's the colors of the Mets."

Lydia just shrugged and Stiles glanced at me. I pointed to Lydia and he nodded, going back into his bag and pulling out a Reese's. Lydia looked at it and shrugged before taking it. He turned to me with a smug look and I smiled, giving him a thumbs up. "Okay, um, maybe orange and blue is not the best. Right, you know, um, sometimes there's other things you wouldn't think would be a good combination end up turning out to be, like, a perfect combination, you know, like two people together - Who nobody ever thought would be together ever."

Lydia nodded." No, I can see that." Stiles' back straightened and I started walking down the steps to go to the actual ice. "You can?" Lydia nodded again and pursed her lips."Yeah. They're cute together." I sighed and glanced at Scott with Allison and back at Stiles. His face was low and I glanced at Lydia. She smiled at me and walked down the steps before stopping in front of me.

"Have you ever skated?" Shaking my head quickly I looked down. "No. Never, was always too scared when we came. Scott and I would go to the arcade instead." She nodded and grabbed my hand, pulling me onto the ice slowly. I glanced at Stiles questioningly and he nodded. I mouthed 'sorry' and he smiled lightly as Lydia showed me the basics.