another detention

"I still say we just kill him." Stiles, Scott and I were sitting in his jeep trying to find out what to do with Jackson. I had placed him on the seat and I moved so I was next to his arm. "Stiles. We're not killing Jackson." He groaned and nodded. "Yeah, yeah okay. God, f - Okay, okay. I got an idea." Scott glanced at Stiles, "Does it involve breaking the law?" Stiles rolled his eyes and nodded. "By now, don't you think that's a given?" Scott shrugged and looked at me then back at Stiles "I was just trying to be optimistic." Stiles laughed sarcastically. "Don't bother."

-------------

           We were stood outside of a police van that Stiles stole and I glared at him. "When you let me drive the jeep I was excited. Now that I see why you let me drive the jeep? Not so much." He scratched the back of his neck and shrugged. "At least it's holding him right?" I punched his arm and rolled my eyes. "Stilinski! McCall!" I jumped as Jackson yelled from inside the police van. "I got it." Stiles nodded as I slid into the back of the van with the bag of food Stiles handed me.

         "Hey I um, well Stiles, brought you some food." He pulled on the handcuffs and glared at me. "Let me out, now." Shaking my head I sat forward. "Look, I'm sorry alright? But you have to trust me. This is to help you." He looked at me angrily which caused me to sit back. "Help me?" I nodded quickly and brought my legs up to my chest. "Yeah you're killing people.. to death and I don't know about you but that's definitely not a good thing. We don't know how to stop you yet so you're going to have to stay in here and I am, so sorry okay? Now Stiles only brought Ham and cheese or turkey and cheese and I know you don't like turkey in sandwiches so here." 

        I held out the ham sandwich and he took it but let out and annoyed breath. "You think my parents won't be looking for me?" I bit my lip and looked down at the sandwich in my hands. "Well, I- Stiles is an idiot you know that." He let out a light laugh and nodded as a bang was heard at the door of the van. "Get out here Jayla." I jumped and nodded. "Stiles' is back." 

       "You'll come back right?" My eyes traveled up to his as he was looking at me and I nodded. "Yeah. Yeah of course." He smiled slightly and I leaned forward to kiss his cheek before walking out of the van. "How'd it go?" I shut the van door and walked over to the jeep. "He's obviously still pissed off that he's locked in the back of a van but other than that I'd say he's alright. Will this thing hold him if he shifts? Like into full kanima?" Stiles glanced at the police van and leaned against the jeep door. "No. No probably not." I nodded slowly and sighed. 

      "Come on. Let's go explain this to him." He nodded and followed me and I went back into the van. Stiles sat to my right and stared at Jackson as Jackson kept his eyes on me and mine on him. "Okay. Jackson we're going to try and explain this as simple as we can okay?" He nodded and rolled his eyes at Stiles. "I'll explain. Alright you're the kanima. It's some kind of shape-shifting creature. It's like a werewolf but, how did Derek put it?" I turned to Stiles and he bounced his leg. "An abomination."

      My eyes shut tightly for a second and nodded. "Yeah like an abomination." Stiles nodded. "Yeah and you have scales." 

   "Scales? Like a fish." I shook my head no and sighed. "No, not like a fish more like a reptile. A lizard or something." Stiles pushed me over so he was in front of Jackson and nodded. "and, uh, your claws have this liquid that paralyzes people, and you have a tail." Jackson glanced between us skeptically. "I have a tail?" Stiles nodded again. "Yeah, you have a tail." He shrugged and nodded at Stiles. "Does it do anything?" Stiles glanced at me and I shrugged at him so he turned back to face Jackson. "No uh, not that I- Not that I know of." Jackson slid forward in his seat and glared at Stiles.

        "Can I use it to strangle you?" I pushed Stiles over and sat in front of Jackson. "Hey calm down alright? Remember what I said, this is for your own good." He growled and sat back. "you still don't believe us do you. All right. The night of the semi - final game, what did you do right after?" Jackson squeezed his hands into fists. "I went home."