bank vault

"Why did you guys want me to be here again?" Isaac stopped his pacing in front of the window as he looked at me. Early this morning I had gotten a text from Isaac asking me to come to the loft. Of course I agreed, seeing as Isaac never asked me to be somewhere unless it was important. "Isaac can't remember what happened to him so Peter is going to do a memory transfer and try to find it."

          I cringed at glanced at Isaac nervously. Trusting Peter was hard for all of us. He spit out stories of how he was a good guy and how he wanted to help us and not have anybody against him but I would't trust him in the slightest. There's always something about people that I can tell when they're off.  "Why does it have to be him?" Isaac looked over to me with a slightly frightened look on his face. "Yes exactly, does it have to be him?" Derek sat in a chair on the opposite side of the table with his arms crossed over his chest. "He knows how to do it. I don't. Be more dangerous if I tried doing it myself."

      Derek never spoke of how Peter could obviously do more than him so that was surprising for him to say, none the less I did trust Derek and even though I hate Peter there's the chance that this could work. Isaac glanced at me again worry swarming in his eyes and I bit my lip shrugging. " You know Scott doesn't trust him, right? You know, personally, I'd... well, I'd trust Scott." It's nice knowing that Stiles and I weren't the only ones who completely trust Scott anymore.

        Isaac trusts him, Allison, Derek, hell probably even Lydia.  "Do you trust me?" Isaac hesitated as he glanced at his feet for a second. "Yeah. I still don't like him." I scoffed and covered my chest. "Trust me. I don't think anybody likes him." The door to the loft opened and in walked the devil himself. "Boys and girls. F.Y.I., yes, coming back from the dead has left my abilities somewhat impaired, but the hearing still works. So I hope you're comfortable saying whatever it is that you're feeling straight to my face."

       Of course he would say that but he probably didn't expect a response. "We don't like you." I glanced at Derek as he spoke the same words as I did, causing Peter to shrug. "Fair enough." I grabbed the chair Derek was sitting on before and moved it for Isaac to sit. He sat and I stood in front of him for a second. "Be calm. I'll be right over there okay?" He nodded and Peter stood behind him. "Relax. I'll get more out of you if you're calm."

      I rolled my eyes and leaned against the pillar as my eyes stayed on Isaac and Peter. Personally, as much as I believed they could get something out of this deep inside I knew there had to be another, possibly safer way. "What exactly is it that you're doing?" Peter glanced up at me with a straight face and I raised my eyebrows conceivably. He sighed and nodded. "It's an ancient ritual used mostly by alphas, since it's a skill that requires quite a bit of practice. One slip, and you could paralyze someone. Or kill them." I shook my head and stepped forward. "No. We're not doing this."

      Derek glanced at me and I sighed. "Derek, there's a possibility that Isaac could die and you're willing to just-" He stood and strode over to me making me step back a bit. "This is the only option we have to find Erica and Boyd." A sigh left through my nose as I nodded and glanced back at Isaac. "I'm aware of that but what if we get nothing and lose Isaac? Then it all would have been for nothing." Isaac cleared his throat from behind me as he nodded. "Peter's had a lot of experience haven't you?" 

     Peter slightly shrugged which was a clear sign that the answer wasn't as uplifting as everybody wished it would have been. "Well, I've never paralyzed anyone." I stepped forward as Isaac's eyes widened. "Wait, does that mean that you..." Peter stuck his nails into the back of Isaac's neck before the sentence was finished and I went to stop them but Peter interrupted me. Isaac was fighting against Peter's grip and I would had stopped him if Derek hadn't held his arm out in front of me. "Wait I see them." Derek stepped forward, pulling my arm back. "What do you see?"