Allison

Sleep is important for everybody. It's as necessary as eating and drinking water. All three are things people need to do if they want to survive. Stiles was in my bed as mom checked on his, taking his vitals and making sure he was healthy after there literally being two of him. I stood by the door frame, slightly afraid to leave, last time I left, well fell asleep to be specific, he ended up being possessed by the nogitsune at the hospital. 

           "Well... Medically, you seem okay. You're definitely a real person." Stiles sighed as he laid his arm over the opposite. "Okay, so I'm real, but am I really me?" Mom glanced over to me and nodded, letting me hold out my hand. "Noshiko is almost here, come on." Stiles nodded and slowly got out of the bed. At first he was a bit wobbly but as he put his arm over my shoulder he was able to move easier.

            As we got downstairs Scott came to help me with Stiles, "Is she here?" Scott nodded tightly and sighed, "Yeah." 

               "Okay, let's do this." Scott and I glanced at each other and Stiles grabbed my hand and put his other one of Scott's shoulder. "Guys, we have to do this." We went into the living room as he spoke and Noshiko was in the living room, waiting for us. "Do you recognize me, hmm?" Kira ran in after her, a sword in her hand and I rose my eyebrows at her but she didn't notice, "Stop." Stiles shook his head and held his hand up. "It's okay. I'm the one who asked her to come." 

         Kira shook her head and widened her eyes slightly. "You're the one who's going to get stabbed with swords." Her attention averted to her mom. "Mom, don't do this to him." 

        "It's already done." The noise I had heard one too many times came through as the oni appeared in the living room, causing me to step back from Stiles. It reached out and grabbed the side of Stiles' face. Checking his eyes just like it had done with mine. It released him and he fell to the floor. Instantly I dropped down next to him and turned his head slightly. "It's there. It's him." 

         Stiles shook slightly as I helped sit him up before Scott grabbed his arm and lifted him. "So I'm actually me?" Noshiko nodded ever so slightly as she stood over us. "More you than the nogitsune." I stood up quickly and bit my lip. Stiles spoke before me though, "Can The Oni find him?" She nodded but sighed, "Tomorrow night. It's too close to dawn now." 

        I crossed my arms and sighed, "Can they kill him?" 

         "It depends on how strong he is."

         Shaking my head and shifted on my feet before lifting my eyes, "But why did he take Lydia? What can she do, aside from scream when people are going to die?" 

        "Banshees have more powers than just screaming." Aside from that she didn't tell us anything, she took Kira with her and left. Stiles had gotten up from the floor and my hand quickly went through my hair. He didn't look any better. The area around his eyes were sunken, his skin was sickly pale, with nearly no color to it. His lips were still chapped and tinted purple from the lack of warmth in his body. 

            When I grabbed his hand they were icy cold and he looked like he couldn't get warm no matter how hard he tried. Even his hair showed he'd been through something. It was disheveled and fell into his face in a couple spots. When he stood he had a hard time staying up and as much as I wanted to believe that he was okay, it worried me because there was another one of him. 

           There was a second Stiles and if Stiles looked this bad the nogitsune could be getting better, stronger even. The worst part was that Stiles looked like he was dying and that didn't settle well in my stomach. Then again who's stomach would that sit well in? Somebody you deeply care about, looking like one wrong movement could cause him to break.