Find Him

Seeing people you care about in pain was hard. It was also hard to do when the person you care about is somebody that's extremely close to the heart. Scott had joined us in the chemistry class a few minutes after Stiles had last spoke. "So you unlocked the chemistry closet so Barrow could hide in it from the cops and then you wrote him a message to kill Kira?" 

          Stiles nodded and glanced at Scott. "I know how it sounds But look at this. This is the news report that came out about Barrow when they caught him, okay? About the shrapnel bomb that he used. See this? See what he did?He put nuts, bolts and screws. And then he hid the bomb and the detonator in a box that he wrapped as a birthday present. What does that sound like to you?"

           Scott glanced between us, "Coach." Stiles nodded, "The joke we played on Coach. That was my idea. You remember? That was my idea. That's no coincidence. It can't be." Instantly I shook my head. "No. Stiles, that was my idea. You just agreed to it." Both of them faced me and Stiles sighed. "No you wanted to take all the nuts and bolts out. You didn't want to put it in a present and attach it to his desk." Scott glanced between us and sighed. "I don't want to sound like I'm trying to tell you that you're wrong. But I don't think you're trying to kill people either. Either of you." 

        Stiles glanced at the board and down at his key ring. "It was here. It was all here." Scott put his hand on Stiles' shoulder. "Dude, are you feeling okay? You're looking really tired." Stiles nodded but then shrugged. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just haven't been sleeping really." I turned to him and furrowed my eyebrows. "I thought it helped when I stayed over?" Stiles glanced down at me and sighed, tapping his hands together. "It does, sometimes. I never sleep through the entire night though."

           Scott glanced at Stiles and let his mouth tug down slightly. "Why don't you go home? Take a sick day or something."  Stiles shook his head as Scott left. "What if we go see my mom? She can give you something that helps you sleep. And I mean like actually sleep." He looked down at me and nodded, his face in obvious sadness. "Yeah, o-okay." I grabbed his hand and took the keys from them. "Hey what are you-"

          "Stiles, we're going to my mom so we can help you sleep. I'm not letting you drive." He nodded slightly, letting go of my hand. "Alright." He followed me outside and I got in the driver's side. Other than me I've never seen Stiles let anybody drive the jeep. I have no idea if it's because he doesn't trust anybody else of if it's simply because he's always able to drive it aside from when I drive it. Either way it's nice that he trusts me at least. 

          "We're here." He had closed his eyes and they opened when I spoke. "Alright, thanks if you need to use the jeep-" I rolled my eyes and pulled out the keys, getting out of the jeep. "If you think I'm leaving you then you don't know me very well." A faint smile grew on Stiles' face as he nodded and lead me into the hospital. 

          "Dr. Gardner's not back until next week. Do you want to try waiting for one of the urgent care doctors or-" Stiles stepped back from the counter shaking his head. Mom stood up, removing the stethoscope from around her neck.  "Stiles. Are you alright?" Stiles shook his head, "I don't know." His eyes looked like they were filling up with tears so I reached out and grabbed his hand. "I guess I guess-not really." Mom sighed and nodded.  "All right, kiddo. All right. Come with me. It's okay. Jayla, you here with him?"

         I nodded and grabbed onto Stiles' arm as mom lead him into a secluded room. "Okay are you having any symptoms?" Stiles nodded, "Blackouts. But not for that long. And sleepwalking, which I used to do a lot as a kid. Um, Also having some really bad anxiety." 

          Mom wrote it down as Stiles sat on the bed, I sat in the chair next to the bed. "Panic attacks?" I averted my eyes to the ground as mom asked the questions. "Yeah, a couple. Oh, and I temporarily lost the ability to read. But that might have had more to do with this giant magic tree and a whole human sacrifice thing." Mom slightly chuckled. "I recall something vaguely about that, yes. How many hours of sleep are you getting?"