~Chapter 4~ Liam

"What the..." I heard Alison say. I turned to glance at her and looked to where she was looking.

Walking on the sidewalk was Harry and Sam. They were laughing, had frozen yogurts, smiling at each other and looking each other in the eyes.

They were on their date.

"Are they one a date, Liam?" Alison asked me, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Noo!" I let out a fake laugh. I couldn't tell if she believed it.

"Then what are they doing?" she asked, her tone clear that she was puzzled.

"They're just hanging out," I answered. I wasn't exactly lying. They really were...but kind of as a couple.

They weren't dating. He was going to ask her soon, since he fell completely head over heels for her. Sam was great, thought. I could understand why.

"Do you see the way they looked at each other?" Alison asked after we'd passed them.

"They were just looking into each others' eyes, Ali. It's not a big deal," I replied. We pulled into the store parking lot and I parked.

I started to open my door and get out when Alison pulled on my arm, signalling to get back in.

I sat back down and looked at her large, lustrous, green eyes.

"What is it?" I asked.

She narrowed her perfect eyebrows deep in thought. She looked like she was trying to read my mind, which I hoped he couldn't because I was thinking about how beautiful she looked...

"Are you hiding something from me? I feel like everyone's hiding something from me," she sighed.

I suddenly felt guilty. I wish I could tell, I thought. I promised Harry though. He said she'd overreact, but I didn't think she would. Alison would probably think that's adorable. But I know that if my sister were dating my best friend, I would be weirded out.

"No, we're not," I lied. I'm such a bad guy.

"Are you sure?" she asked. I wanted to tell her so bad.

"Yes," I replied.

"They've been acting weird lately," she said.

"Like how?" I played along. She wouldn't drop the subject until I gave her answers.

"Well, they giggle around each other for one. They go everywhere with each other, and Sam wouldn't stop raving about seeing Harry."

I frowned. "I don't know, Al. Sorry."

She looked down at her hands and picked at her nails. "Sometimes I feel like Sam is better off Harry's sister than me."

"Aw, babe..don't say that. Harry loves you. You're an amazing sister to Harry," I replied. She looked up at my eyes and I searched hers.

A grin spread across her face. And then she shook her head. "I'm sorry...I shouldn't drag you into my dumb issues."

I gave her a gentle smile. "No, it's okay. At least you can talk to me. Plus, I dragged you into my love life problems."

It was her turn to grin. "It's brought me closer to you, though."

I studied her face and stopped at her smile. Her beautiful smile. I remember the first time I saw it. I fell in love with it.

But Danielle's smile...her's was beautiful too.

"Liam..we should probably go in to get the cookie stuff. People are going to start thinking we're crazy," Ali interrupted my thoughts.