~Chapter 22~ Liam

I stood at her door, my heart pounding. Should I do it? I need to tell her.

You can't just ignore your feelings.

That's true...but I also have a girlfriend out in the living room waiting for me to come out.

I need to tell Alison. I can't just ignore my feelings about her. Of coarse I love Danielle, but...I've just realised I love Alison as well. Only one can be real. I can't love two people at once.

One of them is true. I have to find out.

I knocked two times and then entered. If she knew it was me, she would've said to leave.

She sat on her bed, on her phone. I was aware that she had read all of my texts and ignored them. She wore black sweatpants and a large Manchester United shirt.

"We need to talk," I said.

She scoffed. "Come on in, why don't you!"

I sighed. "I'm sorry. We have to talk though."

"About?" she asked, getting up. She dropped her iPhone on her bed.

Her brown wavy hair was resting on her shoulder; her bangs swooped to the side of her head and she didn't have any makeup on, which made her look even more beautiful. Her lips were tinted pink. They tempted me to kiss her.

I can't, I thought. Not now.

"Erm...I have to ask you something," I answered.

She eyed me before saying in an unsure voice, "Okay?"

I took a deep breath, my stomach doing swirls, making me feel extremely sick. My heart pounded harder than it ever has.

"Do you still like me?" I asked. Please say yes....

She narrowed her eyebrows. "Yes...why?"

I wondered if her hands were shaking like mine were.

"Uh...now it's my turn," I said. "I like you, too."

I saw only a whisper of a smile on her lips. "Okay? Is that it?"

My heart dropped. Is that all she had to say?

"Do you have anything to tell me?" I asked.

She bit her lower lip nervously and walked back to her bed. She sat at the edge, crossing her legs. Her cheeks were becoming pinker.

"Um...I've figured something out recently," she said in barely a murmur.

"Mm?" I pushed on. She shifted I her seat uncomfortably. I wanted to tell her she didn't have to tell me, but I wanted to know more than anything.

"I...have stronger feelings for you...more than like."

I couldn't help but smile. I was relieved.

I walked over to her and sat next to her. I felt a bit guilty doing this. Danielle and I love each other. I'm not even sure if I love Alison more than Danielle, so it's a bit odd for me to be talking to her.

I guess I'll have to tell her that...

"I like you a lot too-"

Before I could finish, she sighed. "Okay..because I was feeling a bit weird. If you didn't feel the same then...I'd feel like a fool."

I feel like one now, I thought.

I studied her green eyes. They showed happiness. Then, the happiness vanished.

"But...you have Danielle," she said slowly.

"I know..." I answered looking down. I looked up again and met her eyes. "That doesn't mean I don't like you. I do, but I have Danielle right now..."