~Chapter 5~ Alison

I heard the mumbled stop for a second. I panicked. Did I miss everything?

"Hazza..." I heard Sam's voice. "I can't do this anymore."

"...won't....out," Harry's voice.

His voice was so low, I couldn't hear most of what he was saying.

"You don't understand..." Sam replied. She whispered the next sentence. "I can't just....to Alison."

She whispered the part in the middle. Ugh. This is not helping.

"Ali...clueless. She won't.." Harry.

"But...what if she does?"

"She won't. And even if she does, she won't be mad, Sam," Harry raised his voice a bit louder. Thank you.

"Maybe we just shouldn't..." Sam said, not finishing her sentence.

I stepped away from the door, not even wanting to hear more. I felt sick. They've been hiding something from me. It had to be a big secret.

Well, two can play at this game. And I'm going to use Liam in it.

* * *

"LiLi!" I cried from my room. Immediately, Harry came rushing in.

"What is it?" he asked, a bit panicked.

"I asked for LiLi."

Liam appeared in the doorway a second later as Harry gave me an odd look.

"Yes, babe?" he asked.

"I need to talk to you," I said. I shooed Harry away and Liam sat on my bed. Harry shut the door behind him. I checked under the door for feet, but there were none.

I sat next to Liam, a little closer than I expected.

"Okay, Liam...I have plan. And I need you for it. Or one of the other lads. But I'd prefer you, since you're the closest friend," I whispered, loud enough so he could hear.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "What is it?" he whispered back.

"I know you've noticed, Harry and Sam have been acting strange. I'm getting the feeling that they're dating, but they won't tell me."

"Okay..go on."

"Well, there's only one way that I can get them to tell me. Blackmail."

"Okay...so, what's the plan?"

I thought for a moment in how to say this.

"I know this is probably going to sound weird...but I need you to be my boyfriend. Fake boyfriend, I mean," I spat out.

His expression was blank before I asked, "Liam?"

"Oh, uh, erm..."

I knew he was uncomfortable. "Liam, if you don't want to do it, then I'll ask the other boys if they'll do it."

He shook his head. "No..it's okay. I'll do it. So, we're going to be really secretive about it? And then when they ask, you'll just say to tell you about what's going on with them?"

"Exactly."

He nodded. "Sure, I'll do it."

"Yay!"

I covered my mouth when I shouted and then we both laughed.

"Lets go," I pulled his arm lightly.

He got up at my touch and we left the room. We both walked into the room giggling and whispering.

Harry and Sam sat on the couch next to each other and then Harry flung himself to the other couch, as if I didn't see.

"Hey," I said to them, taking a cookie off of he cookie sheet. Liam looked over me by resting his head on my shoulder.

I giggled at him and ate a cookie.

"So...what's been up with you, Ali?" Sam asked.

I shrugged. "Nothing, why?"

"Well, we haven't talked for the whole day!"

"Yeah because you've been with Harry! I woke up an you were gone!" I replied. I plastered a fake smile on my face.

They both turned beat red.

"Well, you can have her tomorrow?" Harry offered.

"No...I'm hanging out with Ali. We're going to go hang out for old times sake," Liam answered before I could.

"As buds!" I added. I looked to Liam and we both giggled.

When I looked back at Harry and Sam they both looked confused.

"You're going to hang out with Liam instead of your best friend?" Harry asked.

I kind of felt guilty. I should have been hanging out with Sam. But I couldn't do that knowing she was keeping a secret from me. I couldn't have a good time that way.

"Well, Liam's my friend too! He's a good friend!" I protested. Sam looked a bit hurt.

But I couldn't call her my best friend if she couldn't tell me she was dating my brother.

"Lets go, LiLi. The atmosphere in here is weird," I said, pulling on Liam's shirt.

"No no no," Harry said. He stood up, leaving Sam on the couch.

"I'm going to talk to Liam."

I have Liam a quick glance to see what he was doing. He remained calm. Thank you.

I walked over to Sam and sat next to her as Harry and Liam left the room.

She avoided my gaze.

"Sam..." I cooed.

"What?" she asked, annoyance in her voice.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

She turned to face me. "Everything. Everything is wrong. I don't like hiding things from you. I don't like you hiding things from me."

I felt a knot in my stomach growing bigger. "I'm sorry."

"Yeah well me too," she said half-heartedly.

"Sam. Oh my God. Just stop. You know why I'm doing this, right? To get you to tell me about you and Harry."

"Me and Harry? Nothing's going on. And what about you and 'LiLi'?" she mocked me.

"Nothing's going on between us either."

"Do you like him?" she asked, becoming a little gentler.

"I don't know. Not really. You like Harry, though."

"No!" she said quickly.

"Just because he's my brother doesn't mean I'm going to be mad. I'd rather it be you than some OTHER idiot."

"Shut up!" she laughed. "And...yes I like Harry. But we aren't a couple. Okay? Promise."

She held out her pinky and I linked mine with hers.

"Okay..." I gave her a grin, knowing she wasn't lying.

"So, you're sure you don't like Liam?" she asked. "It seemed like it."

I shook my head. I kind of felt guilty. He was supposed to be my fake boyfriend so that I could get everything out of her. She already told me everything.

"No. No. And no. Not at all," I answered.

"Alright. Hey. The boys are coming. Shh," Sam whispered. We both giggled, but mine was fake.

This all was crap. I hated lying to my best friend. But I couldn't just tell her everything. I needed to get her to tell me everything. And I knew something was up with those two, Harry and Sam. I needed to go along with "dating" Liam.

-•-•--•-•-•-•-•-•--•-•-•-•-•-•--•-•-•-•

Hey! I really hope you like it so far! I was rushing to get this chapter done! Haha! Please spread the word about this fanfic! Anyways, I'm sorry about the errors! I'm going to try to look over the chapters:)

Vote/comment/follow:)

Love y'all,

Lucy x