~Chapter 16~ Liam

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-

Recap:

He smiled down at me and at first, I thought we were having a moment. Then his phone went off. He winced and went for his phone. He looked down at his phone and a grin spread across his face. Then, it vanished when he looked at me.

"What is it?" I asked.

He took a deep breathe. "Danielle."

"Danielle what?" I pushed.

He studied me, as if thinking whether or not he should tell me. I narrowed my eyebrows at him.

"What is it Liam?"

He pursed his lips together and patted his phone against his hand. "We're back together."

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-

I studied her face for any emotion, but she's great at hiding feelings. Her face was blank. I couldn't tell if she was sad, upset, jealous...

Nothing.

"I'm happy for you," she said, plastering a smile on her face. I wasn't sure if it was real or fake.

I didn't want to hurt her. I know she had feelings for me, and I didn't want to hurt her. I loved Alison. She was my best friend.

"Al..." I started.

"Liam..it's great. It's good news. I'm happy for you," she stopped me, a smile spreading on her lips.

I smiled at her. Alison is so amazing, I thought. She may like me, but she doesn't get in between my life. I admire her for that. She may be upset in the inside, I know, but she doesn't show it to me on the outside. She knows that if she does, I'll feel bad.

I really would feel bad. She likes me, and I admit, I sort of like her. A little. But I love Danielle; love overcomes having small feelings. Love is dominant.

To be honest though...I wished she would be upset. I don't mean that I want her hurt. I want her to feel upset so I can comfort her. I wanted to hug her and hold her tight so she wouldn't be hurt.

"Alison, I'm sorry," I sighed.

She shook her head. "I'm fine, Liam. Besides, I told you that I didn't want to be more than friends. Sure, I like you, but it doesn't mean that I'd like to date you."

My heart sank for some reason. Why didn't she want to date me? What was wrong with me? Am I that terrible? First, Danielle cheats on me, and I produce a few feelings for another girl, and then she tells me she doesn't want to date me. What did I do?

"I know...but you like me right?" I couldn't help but ask questions.

"Yes...?" she said, pushing me to go on.

"So why don't you want to date me?"

She let out a giggle. "Because you love Danielle. I'm perfectly fine with that."

I looked down and thought about it.

Why does this girl have to be so understanding? She's always understanding me and always there for me when I need her. She's my best friend, though..

"You're amazing, Al," I blurted.

She smiled. "I know."

I gave her a grin and then gave her a hug. She seemed a bit reluctant to let me go, but I was too. When we split, she emitted a sigh.

"Better go see Danielle," she said with a grin.

I gave her a slight nod. "Yeah."

She smiled her loveable smile before we left the room. In the living room, all of the lads were seated shirtless, and Eleanor was cuddled next to Louis. Sam was next to Harry, of coarse.