~Chapter 25~ Liam

During the night, I hang out with some random girl and then she started to creep me out, so I decided to hang out with Sam. I figured I could talk to her about Alison.

"Hey, Sam!" I greet her, wiping my hand on my shorts, getting the water from the beer bottle off of my hands.

She turns and meets my eyes. "Hey, Liam!" He smile is bright and she doesn't look or sound drunk, so I grin back.

"Mind if we talk?" I yell over the music. She nods and I grab her arm. I take her to a corner and I'm about to tell her to take a seat on the couch but I realise there have been a lot of...activities......on that couch.

"Erm," I murmur. "Well..."

She rolls her blue eyes and smirks. "Out with it, Liam."

I take a deep breath. How am I supposed to tell her how I feel about her best friend? I can't just say "I love Alison." As simple as that would be.

"It's about Alison," I say, kind of unsure about what she's thinking. Does she think I don't like her anymore? Does she know what I'm talking about? Maybe I should've been more informational.

"Yes?" she asks, carrying out the word. Her eyes graze mine and I can tell she's wondering what I'm talking about.

"I like her a lot," I admit.

She smirks again. "Oh really?" she says sarcastically.

I nod, not acknowledging her sarcasm. "Yes, I do. I just don't know what to do. I want to take her on an official date, but I don't know how to ask her. You know her more than anyone, so I came to you."

She grins honestly. "How sweet of you!"

I nod sheepishly. "Yeah yeah."

She becomes serious. "Well, you know, Ali is the type of gal that likes guys to be straightforward with her. So just ask. She also likes flirting, like her brother you know." She rolls her eyes, but I can see the love in her eyes when she talks about Harry.

Harry seems really happy with Sam. He smiles a lot now that everyone knows that he likes her and she likes him. They're pretty much dating, but they don't say that. I don't understand why.

"So, what should I do about flirting? I've been doing it for the past month," I reply, taking a sip of beer.

"Alison likes guys that can be shy, but confident at the same time," she answers. What's that supposed to mean? Before I could ask, Harry walks over and leans down to kiss Sam on the lips.

She places her hand on his cheek as they kiss and I feel a bit awkward when they start snogging in front of me. I can tell Harry is drunk by the beer bottle in his hands. Harry would never start kissing his girlfriend right in front of me..well, like that anyways. I stand and walk away, soaking in all of the information Sam gave me.

Be flirty and confident, but shy at the same time. Well, around Alison, I can't be confident. I get so scared I'll mess up. Luckily, I haven't messed up, but I always seem to.

With Danielle, I wasn't good enough. I was persistent with the girl in secondary school. I don't want to mess up. That's the last thing I want to do.

It's so hard though when you've messed up multiple times. When I was with Danielle, I was being myself, but I wasn't good enough.

I've been myself with Alison so far, but maybe she'll get tired of the real me. She could just drop me. I don't want to be dropped.

I wonder around the club, feeling out of place. I'm not drinking right now, nor dancing, which makes me look like a goon. A few girls look at me with seductive smirks and winks. I just shrug them off, as I usually do now.