Chapter 7 - Chloe

Zara's P.O.V

I didn't even know why I wanted to be so early for school anyway. I was bullied numerous times and the bullies had no mercy. I didn't even know why I told Ibrahim about telling "the girls at school"; I didn't have any friends. Well, there was this one boy who didn't care if I was partnered up with him, or who tried to stand up for me, Joe. As cliche as this may sound, the girls who bullied me were the most popular in our class. However, I had one thing that they didn't have. A family member who is in One Direction. Like most teenage girls, these girls, Chloe, Maisy and Alyssa, were obsessed with One Direction. To think, out of every girl in my class, I was Zayn Malik's sister! I guess that was the only positive side to being related to a famous person.

As I strolled to school, taking as much time as possible, I wondered why, for the four years that I was bullied, I didn't tell Ibrahim, thinking that he was my older brother. Even just now, I could have opened up to him, maybe he would do something about it. But now, it was too late. 

Flashback

It all started with Chloe. I was in Canada for a year, and I still had connections with her. We would email each other, or write letters, seeing as we were only nine, we couldn't Facebook or Skype each other. However, when I returned from my journey, I realised that she had formed a little alliance which was made up of herself, Maisy, Alyssa and another girl called Roxy, who didn't go to the same secondary school as me. 

I walked into my school; it hadn't changed at all. I felt like I had just started nursery and I didn't know anybody. I spotted Chloe, my best friend in the distance, with a group of three other people. I waved at her, when we caught each other's eyes, however, she just replied with a dirty look. I swear, if looks could kill, there would be a news report on nine year old little Zara. 

I ran up to her; maybe her look wasn't for me. Maybe it was an accident. Or maybe, she didn't like me anymore.

Then, during all of our lessons, where Chloe had to sit next to me, I would hear rustles of paper. I glanced over her shoulder to try to read what she had written. You guessed it, it was all about how ugly I looked and how I smelled of Canada, which was apparently, a disgusting smell. From the corner of my eye, I saw Chloe pass the note to Maisy, Alyssa and Roxy, who would burst out laughing, regardless of me knowing about their little secrets. The teachers would usually send them out, but whenever they didn't, I was living in hell.

End Of Flashback

As the day dragged on, and it was finally period six, I saw that Chloe was staring at me, waiting for me to look back. However, as best as I could, I tried to ignore her. Then, she pulled my hair, quite hardly. 

I shot my head around, "What?!" I hissed.

"Oh, I just wanted to see if you had gotten any prettier since period 5. Unfortunately, you've gotten worse!" she chuckled, loud enough for everybody to hear.

Suddenly, Mr Anderson interrupted, "Chloe... This is your first and only warning -"

Then I interrupted him, "Sir, it's fine, I'll fight my own battles," I stood up from my seat and turned around to look at Chloe, "Oh, and I was waiting if you had developed a brain yet, and I'm sad to say, you haven't. I really don't know how your parents can cope with a girl who is more stupid than a toddler!"

From the corner of my eye, I could see that Mr Anderson had a slight grin on his face. I guess he was happy to see me stand up for myself. 

Chloe stared at me in shock, while I casually sat back in my seat. She then tapped my shoulder and handed me a note: 'See you after school.'