Chapter 33 - Ibrahim! Zayn!

Zayn's P.O.V 

I was laughing at Louis when he told me why Niall was upset earlier on. 

"Because Harry didn't hold his hand!" Louis said in between laughs. Oh, Niall! I burst into a fit of laughter while Niall shot Louis and I a glare - he must have been listening to our conversation, as Louis' voice can be heard from the other side of the house.

"Zayn, Louis, I need to talk to you," Liam's serious voice immediately stopped our laughter.

"What is it?" I whispered, staying in my position.

"Come with me," Liam walked into the kitchen, Louis and I following. Louis and I shared nervous looks while we leaned against the counter in the kitchen and Liam stood in front of us.

"I'm going to make this quick and simple, because she didn't want Ibrahim to find out, because he ignored her for a couple of weeks after she first started. Zara cuts but I think she genuinely wants to stop," Liam stated. Suddenly, the most cliche thing happened: Ibrahim walked into the kitchen. 

Ibrahim's P.O.V

"Zara, I'm just going to get some water," I arose from my seat and waited for Zara to nod. She smiled and nodded. I loved seeing her so happy, and I think living with the boys really achieved that, even though my mum is dead and my dad has cancer. I pray for my mum every day, and there is never a day where I wouldn't think about either of them.

"-Zara cuts but I think she genuinely wants to stop," Liam's eyes suddenly flickered when he saw me enter the kitchen. Louis and Zayn suddenly turned around to meet my eyes. Flashbacks were playing in my mind of the day when Zara first cut. She was only nine, and there she was, in the bathroom, with blood streamed down her arm. I ignored her for a few weeks when she refused to tell me why she did it. It was only because I was upset that she didn't have enough trust in me to open up.

"Zara cuts?!" I exclaimed before storming out of the kitchen and into the living room. Zara looked up to me, her happy eyes turning frightened. She noticed my facial expression and jumped up and hid behind Harry and Niall.

"Look, Ibrahim, she's going to stop!" Niall tried to calm me down, but this enraged me more.

"What?! Were you planning to keep this a secret from me?!" I yelled, looking at all of the boys. 

"She was scared, and I wouldn't blame her! You bloody ignored her for a few weeks! Obviously she wouldn't want to tell you! How do you think she felt?!" Zayn was furious. Suddenly, my anger took over me and I lunged onto Zayn, punching his face several times.

Zara's P.O.V

"She was scared, and I wouldn't blame her! You bloody ignored her for a few weeks! Obviously she wouldn't want to tell you! How do you think she felt?!" Zayn shouted at Ibrahim. Unexpectedly, Ibrahim pounced on Zayn, giving him many blows on his face!

"Get off, Ibrahim!" I screamed, trying to pull him off Zayn. I felt a strong pair of hands grip my waist, carrying me off Ibrahim. 

"Let me go!" I yelled, jabbing whoever held me in the ribs. As rude as it may sound, I thought that a small jab would be less painful than getting punches on the face. I rushed over to Ibrahim, who was giving weaker punches to Zayn and being calmed down by Louis, Harry and Liam. I attempted to pull Ibrahim off, but his fist flung onto my face. It sent a searing pain across my nose and one side of my face. I stumbled back, my hand on my face, into somebody's arms. I assumed it was Niall's because everyone else was in my view. 

My body felt weak and the last thing I remembered was Ibrahim rushing over to me.

Niall's P.O.V

Zara and Zayn lay unconscious; Zayn was moved onto the sofa and Zara still in my arms. Ibrahim looked pretty guilty, even though it wasn't his fault. Well, obviously, it was, but he didn't know that he would hit Zara. Harry had wiped the blood off her face, while Liam and Louis smothered a special cream on her bruises, without hurting her.

I felt something move. I looked down at Zara and saw her eyes underneath her eyelids moving around. Her eyelids slowly moved upwards, to reveal a pair of hazel eyes.

"Guys, Zara's woken up!" Harry said, making everyone rush over to her, including Ibrahim. She slowly sat up in my lap and her gaze landed on Ibrahim, as he was sitting across her.

"Zara, I'm so sorry!" he apologised, shaking his head from side to side.

"It's alright. Can someone just get me a glass of water please?" Although she mumbled this, Ibrahim came back into the living room with a glass of water in his hand. Zara was about to take the glass, when Ibrahim pulled it back.

"You might drop it," he smiled, placing his hand under her chin and the glass on her lips. He slowly poured the water into her mouth, making sure not to choke her.

"Thanks," Zara turned to me, "I'm sorry I hurt you Niall. I didn't mean to. I just felt too sad for Zayn..."

"Don't worry, Zara, I understand. Are you OK now?" I asked, smiling. 

"Just a bit of a headache," she forced a smile on her face.

"Nothing that a bit of sleep can't fix," Liam smiled. Zara seemed to make everyone smile.

"OK," she yawned, "Can somebody come with me?" She blushed at this question. I wanted to go, but I wanted to wait for Zayn as well. Also, Harry seemed like he wanted to go the most.

Harry looked at Ibrahim, who nodded, and stated, "I'll come."

Harry's P.O.V

I thought Ibrahim would want to go with Zara, but, I think he felt guilty. I shot him a glance before I told Zara that I'd go with her, just in case he wanted to go. He nodded, indicating that I could go if I wanted to.

Since Zara had a headache, I stayed behind her and held onto her, so she wouldn't feel dizzy and fall. I led her to her room, opening the door for her. 

"Go on, get in bed," I told her, and she did. I got in bed, next to her and stroked her hair - apparently that helps to make people fall asleep.

"Is Zayn going to be OK?" she asked, worried.

"Yeah," I replied, pretty sure that he would be.

"Why did he beat him up?! Zayn was telling the truth! I can't get those pictures out of my head, of Ibrahim beating him up, Harry! I sometimes think that he'd do that to me!" she cried.

"Shh, shh. Don't worry, Ibrahim won't hurt you. If he tries anything, we'll protect you. Just go to sleep," I was still stroking her hair.

"Thanks but I can't go to sleep. Sing me a song, please," she looked up at me, her brown eyes sparkling. I started to sing 'Over Again'. I continued to sing until she fell asleep. 

(A/N: Thanks so much for the 3,013 reads, 222 votes and 149 comments! On a more sad note, please try and read my rant on the stupid song 'Zayn did 9/11' and tweet the link of it to Zayn. Hopefully, he will read it and make his day. Thanks so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I love you all!)