Chapter 15 - What's Going On?

Zara's P.O.V

"Zara, you will be discharged in two days; we have to keep you here to make sure that you are alright. So far, it seems like you have a fractured bone," the nurse calmly said to me but she turned to the boys soon after, "Come again on Wednesday at noon." As she left, she gave a reassuring smile to the boys and Harry winked at her a couple of times. Her smile turned to no emotion and her grey eyes gave Harry a death stare. 

When she finally left the room, we all turned to Harry, who had a look of embarrassment on his blushing face. He sat down on the chair next to my hospital bed, while the rest of us burst out laughing! I laughed for a few seconds, until my jaw returned to its previous pain and all of my memories and thoughts came crashing back. I would have to go to a completely different school - which had a plus side as I wouldn't have to cope with Chloe and her gang - unless my current school was a maximum of half an hour away from One Direction's house. I had to get used to a different lifestyle; without my foster parents and without Ibrahim. I didn't want to spend my last few days in the hospital, when I could be with my foster family. When my sudden laughter stopped, everyone looked at me.

"Umm, Zara, are you alright?" asked Harry, taking hold of my hand.

I turned to my left and refused to look into his eyes, "Yeah, I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" 

Harry's P.O.V

After the beautiful nurse explained to us what time we were to come back to the hospital, I winked at her a couple of times. At first, her smile remained on her face, but after two seconds, she gave me the rudest look. I mean, what kind of girl wouldn't want me? In shame, I went to sit next to Zara's bed, a blush of red creeping onto my cheeks, while everyone laughed in hysterics. Suddenly, Zara stopped laughing, and she looked upset. 

"Umm, Zara, are you alright?" I took her hand and stroked it a little bit.

She turned her head towards me, but I could clearly tell that her eyes didn't want to get in contact with mine. She scanned my face while she replied, of course, she realised my great looks. Then I realised, there was something that she was hiding. Not the pain that she felt, but something else. She didn't want to meet my eyes, because she was lying.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" she lied.

I decided to drop the subject, as we were in a hospital and I didn't want to ask her questions whilst she was in pain. However, from the boys' looks, I knew that when she lives with us, questionnaires would escape our mouths. Although we wanted to ask her a few questions now, we knew better not to, the mature boys that we are.

Two Days Later

Zara's P.O.V

It seemed like over a week since I was first taken into the hospital. The treatment was of a high standard, even though the hospital wasn't very well known for it. It was finally the day that I would be discharged, and thank God, my leg felt so much better. The doctors had put me through a few tests to check it. I didn't even need crutches! There was still an hour until I was able to go to my new home. I was extremely excited, even though I was going to miss my foster family all the same. I was gutted that I had to stay in the hospital for two days, as that was the amount of time that I could have spent with my foster family. Of course, I was going to miss my foster parents a lot, but I think I was going to miss Ibrahim even more, as he was an authorative figure, and was extremely protective.

As all of these thoughts crashed in my mind, I didn't realise how quick the time was going. All of a sudden, it was the afternoon. As I got dressed out of the hospital gown and into my clothes, I heard a loud murmur of voices. I quickly put my hair into a bun before the boys came. The nurse led me to the reception area and I sat down, knowing that the boys weren't far from coming through the lobby.

I was shocked to only find two of them at the reception, yet my eyes still lit up. I stood up immediately and walked over to them.

"Hi!" I exclaimed.

"Hi, Zara!" Louis pulled me into a hug, "We've missed you!"

"You've only known me for one day..." I said, pulled into Harry for another hug.

He gave me a light knuckle sandwich before replying, "Alright, smarty. How are you?"

I pulled myself away from him and stared at the pair, expecting them to say something about my walking recovery. Louis noticed my eyes and observed my leg.

"Oh! Your leg; it's better!" he shrieked, causing patients and family members to stare in our direction. 

"Well done, Sherlock!" I then turned to Harry, "And as for you, I think you should take a trip to the opticians."

As a joke, Harry glared at me, his eyes glowing a deep emerald.

"So, where is everybody?" I questioned.

"Oh... they're at home, but we're pretty sure that Ibrahim isn't going to be able to make it," Louis winked at Harry.

"Oh. By the way, what's with the winking? Have you got a twitch, Louis?" I asked.

He shook his head and laughed.

I realised later on that there was something going on between them and I was eager to find out. I guess I would ask them at home. I was excited to see my new home, but I was apprehensive at the same time.

Finally, we exited the hospital, the bright sun burning our backs as we strolled over to what seemed to be their car. The sky was a blue which I had never seen before; it made me even more happy. The clouds were like the ones that you would see in paintings - so beautiful that they seemed fake.