Chapter 37 - Rare Blood Type

Ibrahim's P.O.V

I pointed the gun at Zayn and tried to look as threatening as I could. I was trembling as I did so, my finger on the trigger. I kept on reminding myself that I wasn't going to shoot. Suddenly, my finger slipped and Zara pushed Zayn out of the way. I watched as the bullet raced through the air and into Zara. The whole time, guilt was rapidly building up inside me. Zara collapsed onto the floor and while everyone rushed to her aid, Harry ran to me. Liam pulled him back and I sprinted away, dropping the gun in the process. 

What had I done? I thought I told myself that I wasn't going to shoot? Why did my finger slip? Is Zara going to die? I felt quite worried for her and I hoped that she wasn't going to die, despite what I said to her earlier on. 

I stopped running once I realised what I was: I was a criminal. I was a criminal. Something that my mum never wanted me to become. I promised her that I never would be on, but now I had broken it. I just shot my little foster sister, intended or not, I still did it. I could already picture the disappointed look on my dad and the anger that would have been bubbling up inside my mum. 

Harry's P.O.V

"There's another space in the ambulance," the nurse informed. Without claiming my space, I jumped into the ambulance van and stood by Zara. From the window on the door, I could see that the rest of the boys were running back towards home. They were most likely going to get the car and follow the ambulance.

I wiped my tears and held onto Zara's free hand as I sat down. Zara had definitely grown on me; I genuinely loved her.

Zayn shook his head from side to side, mumbling, "This can't be happening, this can't be happening."

I rubbed his back and told him, "Zayn, she'll be alright. She's so strong, she's not going to let a bullet defeat her." 

Zayn suddenly stood up in rage, "What if she dies, Harry? How will I deal with the fact that she saved me?!"

"Please, Zayn, calm down. She'll be fine," I managed to choke out. I didn't really have much hope for her. Unexpectedly, the doors flew open and Zara was rolled out of the ambulance, Zayn and I at the heels of the trolley. She was sped into the hospital and into a room.

"Is she going to be OK?" I asked the doctor, who ushered us out of the room.

"Well, she's going to have a sugery. She lost a lot of blood and needs a donor with the same blood type. Because her blood type is rare, it is almost impossible to find a donor," the doctor explained, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

"I'm her brother," Zayn interjected, stepping forward.

"Come this way," the doctor instructed, leading Zayn and I to another room. Zayn sat on the hospital bed and the doctor took a small sample - by just giving Zayn a little prick on his index finger - of blood and put it under a microscope. He observed it through the lens and looked up at us, a frown plastered on his face.

"Zayn, you don't have the same blood type, unfortunately," he stated, "Don't worry, I have told every doctor to check if their patient has the same blood type. I will call you in, but for now, you can sit in the waiting room, or just in the corridors." We both slowly nodded and reluctantly strolled into the corridors. There was a couple of spare seats so Zayn and I took one each. 

"Harry, don't you have the same blood type?" Zayn asked me, hopefully.

"No, sorry. Mine is the most common," I replied, upset. He put his head in his hands and started bawling. I tried to hold back a few tears, but, obviously, they fell.

"She'll be fine, Zayn. Fine," I assured, rubbing his back. 

"What if she's not, Harry?! There's a twenty percent chance that she'll make it!" Zayn arose from his seat, and looked at me. I stood up by his side and pulled him into a hug. 

"She'll get through it, there's bound to be at least one person with the same blood type," I mumbled into his ear.

I felt a few arms on my shoulders and jerked around. Louis, Liam and Niall had finally arrived.

Louis' P.O.V

As much as we all wanted to go into the ambulance, Harry was the first one to jump into the ambulance, and there was no time for debating. Without hesitation, we all ran back home and I hopped into the driver's seat of my car. I immediately started the engine and followed the ambulance. 

It was the same hospital that Zara had to go to previously, so the area looked familiar.

"She's not going to die, is she?" Niall whimpered.

"No, of course not," Liam soothed. At the traffic light, I turned around to see Niall and Liam both quietly sobbing. I wiped several tears away and continued to drive, my vision getting blurry regularly.

We arrived at the hospital quite late, as Liam and I were trying to calm Niall down.

"Niall! Don't you want to see her?" I asked, in the middle of him crying. He nodded his tear-streaked face vigorously.

"Let's go," Liam muttered, leading us into the hospital and to the receptionist.

"Hello," he said bluntly.

"Zara Malik," Liam stated, equally as blunt.

"Room '111'," he replied in the same tone. We realised that the room was on the first floor so we searched the maze for it. A couple of doors ahead, I saw Zayn crying into Harry's shoulders. Liam led us to them and I put both of my arms on Harry's shoulder for comfort, while Liam did the same for Zayn. Meanwhile, Niall just hugged everyone.

"Any news?" Liam asked, breaking the ice.

"She lost a lot of blood, but we can't donate it because she's got a rare type," Harry explained, pointing at himself and Zayn, "What blood types have you got?" We all replied that we had the most common one, which was unfortunate... apart from Niall.

(A/N: Thanks so much for the 4,745 reads, 294 votes and 188 comments! Ooh, so does Niall have the same blood type as Zara, or not? Comment what you guys think! I wanted to make this update longer, but I also wanted a little bit of a cliffhanger! Check out Passport while you wait for the next chapter XD Anyways, stay awesome! <3)