Chapter 29 - I Want Chicken!

Niall's P.O.V

I waited quite patiently for Liam to stop his crying fit and call the chicken shop. He was just about to get up, when Zayn had to interfere.

"So... Liam... when the potato man lost his features, how did you feel?" Zayn said, trying to keep his laughter in.

Liam sat back down before he answered, "That wasn't the saddest part, Zayn. Gosh, the saddest part was when the soldier broke his leg!" He looked like he was going to break down, then and there. Everybody apart from Liam and I started laughing. 

"Come on, Liam," I was getting impatient now, and slightly frustrated.

"You guys can laugh all you want, but Niall and I are going to have chicken," he teased, placing his arm around my shoulder.

I brushed his arm off quickly before replying, "We can do that later but first, I want you to order some chicken!" They all laughed, yet again. This was getting pretty annoying. I already had the phone in my hand so I thrust it in Liam's face, determined.

"Hold on, I need to go on the internet to check the number!" Liam chuckled, taking the phone in his grip.

"No need, I know it!" I retorted; I didn't want to waste any more time. You guessed it, they laughed again. 

"Guys, respect Niall's love!" Zara chimed in, causing the whole house to be filled with roars of laughter. Liam turned to me and asked for the number, also asking if I actually knew the number off by heart. The cheek! To his surprise, I recited the number fluently, as if it were English words. As I said the number, he typed it in the phone, still doubting if I actually knew the number or if I was just making it up. At this point, everybody was silent, with smirks on their faces.

"Hello?" Liam asked into the phone. I smirked at everyone the way they did to me. Their mouths just hung open. 

"How do you know the number of the chicken shop, when you don't even know the house one?" Louis laughed.

"The chicken shop is my house," I replied smartly. 

"Louis, you're so stupid!" Harry lightly punched Louis' shoulder. 

Finally, after Liam called for the delivery, I waited in the living room; I had already set out the plates and cutlery. I sat down on the wooden chair - our living room had an eating table and several chairs to go with it - eagerly, and Zara decided to join me a couple of minutes later.

"Hi," I said, turning towards Zara and ignoring the fact that the order hadn't arrived yet.

"Hello," Zara replied, "Do you want to play a game?" 

"What game?" I asked.

"Monopoly?" she turned to everybody at this answer. We all nodded our heads in agreement. I haven't played Monopoly (A/N: If you don't know what 'Monopoly' is, it's basically a board game where the players buy specific places - which will depend on what version you buy - and the game carries on until one player is left with the most amount of money.) in a very long time! I was feeling pretty excited to play it, as I thought that I would beat all of them.

Liam hurried off upstairs and searched for the board game. We all looked excited when he came down with it. Zara took the lid off the box, handed out the money without even looking at the manual for the amounts, and placed the cards in their correct positions.

"What do you want to be, Niall?" Zara turned to me first, thoughtfully.

"I want to be the boot!" I yelled. I was always the boot!

"I want to be the ship!" Zayn claimed his piece.

"I want to be the dog - it's the closest thing to a cat here," Harry explained, upset that Monopoly didn't have a small, silver cat.

"I want to be the hat!" Ibrahim took his player and placed it on the head of the dog.

"I want to be the iron - keep everyone in place," Liam joked.

"I want to be the wheelbarrow!" Louis exclaimed, last. We all looked at him, waiting for an explanation.

"Why do you want to be the wheelbarrow?" Zara asked.

"It's simple really, wheelbarrows are used for gardening, and this wheelbarrow is used for carrots!" he replied.

"Simple," Harry muttered under his breath.

Harry's P.O.V

After The Game

The game was really intense, however, after a few hours, Niall had won. I came in last.

Louis crossed his arms and whined, “You cheated!”

Niall replied, “How could I possibly cheat in Monopoly? Anyway, don’t you think at least one person would have noticed?”

"Zara, where are you going?" I asked, realising that Zara arose from her seat.

"Oh, I'm just going to go to the bathroom," she replied, cheerily, whilst Louis and Niall were still arguing over who won. Zara seemed a little too cheery. I decided to follow her, just in case. 

"Where are you going?" Liam asked.

Damn, where was I going? I couldn't say that I was going to the bathroom... "Oh, I'm just going to check my Twitter."

Liam nodded his head and I took it as my cue to leave. I silently crept up the stairs and tip toed my way into the bathroom. The bathroom door was open a little bit and I could hear quiet cries. I swung open the door and Zara froze, not looking back.

"Zara..." I rushed over to her, pulling the razor out of her hand. I threw it in the sink and inspected Zara's arm to see the damage done.

"I'm sorry!" she whispered, looking down at her arm. It was bleeding quite heavily so I grabbed a few sheets of tissues and placed it under the running tap. I then set it on Zara's skin. 

"W-why?" I stammered, still nursing her arm.

She shrugged her shoulders innocently, "I-I don't kn-know." Just then, as if it replayed in my mind, Niall burst into the room, the exact same way as he did before.

"Do you guys want -" Niall started, "Oh, God, Zara. You didn't..."

Zara nodded her head, ashamed. Niall saw the little puddles of blood on the floor. He exited the bathroom to call the boys.

"No, Niall!" Zara croaked, making Niall immediately turn around, "Niall, please. They can't know, especially Ibrahim."

"Why?" I asked curiously. Why couldn't Ibrahim know? At this point, Zara seemed to be shaking with fear.

"Because," she replied, wiping the blood off her arm.

"Alright, Zara, but if we catch you doing it again, we are going to tell," Niall looked a bit heartbroken. 

"Thanks," she gave a half-smile. I took the razor from the sink and washed it thoroughly, before hiding it in my room. I couldn't take any chances. 

(A/N: Hope you liked this chapter! By the way, thanks for the 1,223 reads, 123 votes and 106 comments! You guys are awesome!)