Chapter 28 - She's Dead...

Zara's P.O.V

I couldn't take it in. How did the woman I saw, the woman I lived with, the woman who cared for me and looked after me, die? It just wasn't possible. Maybe the doctors and nurses made some errors. Yeah, that's what happened. 

"Are you sure she's d-d-dead?" I stuttered at the word.

The nurse nodded and it seemed like she was trying to hold back a river of tears, "Yes, I'm afraid so." The information sunk in, and before I knew it, I was crying into Zayn's t-shirt. He stroked my hair to calm me down, and I felt a few splashes of tears fall on top of my head.

"Ibrahim, you will have to stay with them," the nurse said before she left. I guess it was our cue to leave. I had a suspect in my mind.

Zayn's P.O.V

I hugged Zara tightly all the way to the car. I just hoped, with all of my heart, that Ibrahim's dad would be fine; the cancer was just a false alarm.

"I'm going to get her," Zara hissed under her breath.

Although this comment was probably not for me to hear, I still spoke, "Zara, please don't do anything stupid." I tried to make it sound like I wanted Chloe to get hurt, but not die. Chloe deserved all the punishment that she would receive. I saw Zara taking her phone out of her pocket and dialling a number.

"Hello?" Zara started. I could hear the voice of Chloe clear enough.

"Zara, look befo-" Chloe said desperately.

"YOU IDIOT! I HATE YOU! WHY WOULD YOU HURT THEM? OUT OF ALL PEOPLE? THEY WERE THE ONES WHO HELPED YOU WHEN YOU NEEDED IT! You know what? My mother's dead and my father's got cancer thanks to you. I hope you burn in hell while your parents laugh and watch, like they did when they put that ciggie on you," she said the last part in a threatening way.

"Zara- Your mum's dea-" Chloe sounded quite guilty, but quite upset at the same time. Good.

"Yeah, and do you know why? Because you're the murderer." She hung up after that. I found it weird that she didn't immediately tell Chloe that she was my sister, I mean, Chloe is a fan of us. Then again, this tactic was pretty smart, as Chloe's emotions wouldn't be real, they'd just be a way to get through to Zara so she'd invite Chloe over. No way was Chloe going to ever visit, look at or even pass our house!

"Was it her?" I pretended that I wasn't eavesdropping.

"Yeah. She sounded guilty; that's how I could tell," Zara replied. We got into the car, Ibrahim next to Harry and Niall. Louis and Liam at the front; Liam driving, which meant that Zara and I had to sit at the back, where Niall was the only person who sat there. 

"Zara, are you alright?" I asked, placing my arm on Zara's shoulder.

"No," she whispered. I pulled her onto my lap where she cried and cried. I noticed that Ibrahim was crying too, on both Harry and Niall. Louis and Liam looked back at the pair in a sympathetic way. We finally arrived home and I realised that Zara had fallen asleep, yet again.  

"Zara, Zara, we're here," I mumbled, shaking her a little. Ibrahim reached over and tickled her ear. He smiled at me when Zara woke up.

"Oh," she muttered and exited the car, me at her heels. We entered the house and Ibrahim rushed straight into Liam's room, while Zara went into hers. 

Liam's P.O.V

As soon as I unlocked the door, Ibrahim rushed ahead of me. Maybe he wanted to have a shower. I kicked my shoes off and went into the kitchen. All of the images of fire were being replayed in my brain. I pulled open the fridge door and grabbed a bottle of cold water, to wash away the awful memories. After a few sips of water, I went into my room, to put my cardigan away.