Chapter 25 - Vans And Converse

Zara's P.O.V

The Next Day

The sun pouring over me, I had no choice but to wake up. Suddenly, I remembered that it was Saturday! Zayn promised to take me to my old house today! I think my excitement got the best of me, as I got dressed and brushed my teeth in about three minutes, even if I was extremely sleepy. I missed my foster family a lot, so I was pretty keen to get there.

I literally stumbled down the stairs with excitement and I raced into the kitchen, to wolf down my breakfast.

"How did you sleep last night, Zara?" Liam asked, pulling a chair out for me to sit on. I really didn't know why they had a dining room, as their kitchen had a huge table and nobody really ever ate in the dining room.

"Fine," I replied, sitting down and pouring some cereal into a bowl, that was in the middle of the table. I looked around the table; everyone was here except for Zayn.

"Where's Zayn?" I searched the drawers for a spoon. For some reason, I always had to put my spoon into the bowl before pouring the milk.

"He's probably getting ready," Harry said. Where were the spoons? 

"Guys, where are the spoons?" I was still searching for them.

"S-spoons?" Liam screamed. Harry dropped his piece of toast back onto his plate and rushed over to Liam, comforting him. Louis got up and slung his arm over my shoulders, leading me outside the kitchen.

"Umm, Zara, Liam has a phobia of spoons," Louis explained.

"Oh, sorry, I forgot. It's just a little weird though," I finally reminded myself.

Louis' eyes lit up, "You forgot? So, does that mean you're a fan?"

I blushed, "I'm not that stupid, you know, those kinds of statements are spoken about in school."

"Sure."

I went back into the kitchen, "Sorry, Liam."

"It's alright," Liam said. What was Niall doing all this time? He was just eating! It was adorable though, he must be so used to Liam freaking out over spoons at the mention of that word, that he continued eating. I sat back in my seat and Harry had already laid out a piece of toast. I ate it appreciatively. Niall had finished his food but decided to have a few Oreo's. He offered all of us some, but we all refused. I still had a bar of chocolate from the day before.

"I'm here!" Zayn announced, rushing into the kitchen and taking a seat next to me.

"Hi," we all said simultaneously.

"That was weird... but hi?" Zayn said, awkwardly. He turned to me, "We're going to your foster family's house today, so get ready in about fifteen minu- oh, you are ready!"

"Yeah, so does that mean we can go earlier?" It was worth a try.

Zayn nudged me softly while Harry ruffled my hair, Niall and Louis laughed, and Liam grinned.

"I wasn't joking..." I teased. They laughed at that too. It wasn't even funny. "OK, then," I said that under my breath, but they must have heard, as they doubled up... yet again.

"What did Liam put in your food?" I decided to carry on with this ritual, until fifteen minutes passed.

"Zayn, Zayn, Zayn!" I screamed, shaking him vigorously.

"What?" he got out of my grip.

"Let's go!" I yelled. I think I was catching Louis' habits.

"Calm down! You boys ready?" Zayn turned to the boys and in return, they nodded. I sprinted, literally, to the hallway, put on a red pair of Vans to match my white jeans and red and white baseball (varsity?) jacket. I decided to wear Vans again to see what the boys would say.

"I now know what to get you for your birthday: a pair of Converse!" Harry laughed, walking into the hallway to find a pair of Converse, "Speaking of which, when is it?"

Louis came in and answered for me, "Zara and Niall have the same birthday!" This seemed really weird, as Niall came into the hallway as well.

"Really?" his Irish accent filled the room.

"Yeah," I muttered. 

After our long conversation about birthdays, which continued in the car, I decided to have a little sleep, as the tinted windows on the car let in no sunlight at all. Perfect. I dozed off on Liam's shoulder.

Niall's P.O.V

How coincidental was it that Zara and I shared birthdays? Very. 

We all hopped into the car and carried on talking about birthdays until one voice disappeared: Zara's. I turned my head to see Zara's head leaning on Liam's shoulder and she had fallen asleep. 

"Guys, be quiet," I whispered.

"WHY?" Louis shouted, not obeying me.

"Shut up, Louis, Zara's sleeping," I hissed.

"To think, she was so excited this morning," Zayn chuckled, "She really loves her foster family though, it's so cute. We're going to have to wake her up soon, though, as we're nearly here."

"Alright," Liam tapped Zara's arm, trying to wake her up. She woke up almost immediately, yet she still looked tired. 

"Can anyone smell that? Zayn, have you been smoking?" I asked, sniffing the air in disgust.

"No, I hardly smoke these days, anyway," Zayn replied (A/N: I don't know if this fact about Zayn is really true, but go along with it, for the fanfiction's sake). I decided to brush it off, but from the front mirror of the car, I saw Louis' eyes almost bulge out of the socket, as well as Harry's. What were they looking at? We had pulled the curtains of our windows down because Zara was sleeping, so I lifted the curtain and saw the most horrible thing in my life.

(A/N: I know, this is a cliffhanger! Sorry this chapter is short. Anyway, I'd just like to thank you guys for giving me 348 reads, 23 votes and 40 comments! Thank you so much!)