Chapter 12 - That Was Good Food

Niall's P.O.V

While we waited for the food, my stomach was rumbling so I viewed the menu of Nandos in my mind. That seemed to calm me down... just for ten seconds, though. After a few minutes of strumming my fingers on the wooden table, I seemed to be getting a bit impatient.

Finally, the food arrived! When Ibrahim's mum pulled off the lids of each plate, I grabbed my fork off the table and stabbed the chicken and potatoes. I tried to do the same with the rice, but I could only grab ten pieces at a time. Ibrahim quickly rushed into the kitchen and came back with several spoons and dunked each spoon into each of the dishes and placed some in our plates. 

The spoon that was in the rice was in my fist within three seconds of it in the rice. The rice piled high on my plate. I then got some weird, yellow stuff from another bowl. I found out later that it was called daal, and it was delicious. I finally got a few pieces of fish, they were small fish. I ate with a huge grin on my face. I think Asian food is second, while Nandos still remains first on my food list.

I wasn't really paying attention to the conversations that everybody had with each other over the munching of my mouth. 

Louis' P.O.V

I smiled to myself when I saw Niall, who was sitting opposite me, eating with joy. It seemed like he was a starved child and this was his first time eating in days! 

I turned to Zara and asked, "So, what class are you in then?"

"Year eight," she replied, after she swallowed some food. 

I had a bite of Ibrahim's mum's delicious cooking and asked, "Aww, what school do you go to?"

"Winter Pine Academy," Zara laughed in embarrassment when she said the name of her school.

It was now Harry who asked a question, "Have you got any friends?"

"Yeah, quite a few," I could tell that Zara wasn't entirely telling the truth.

"Who's your best friend?" he questioned further.

"Umm... Joe," she replied; I think she told the truth here.

Harry had a huge grin on his face, so did all of the boys, including me and Ibrahim. 

"Is he a boy?" he teased.

Zara blushed a deep scarlet, "Yeah, but he's just a friend."

Zara's P.O.V

When Harry asked if Joe was a boy, I blushed, I don't really know why, though. If only the boys knew that I blush very often. Now it seemed like - ugh, I don't even want to say it!

"Sure..." Harry said sarcastically. Harry, Zayn, Ibrahim, Louis, Niall and Liam all laughed hysterically. I stole a quick glance over to my parents, who just sat there and smiled. They knew I blushed all the time, which was rather strange as neither of them did. Oh, wait, they weren't my real parents, so I wouldn't have too much in common with them.

When the boys calmed down, I decided to let it go and not talk about school, friends, or Joe. 

After the filling dinner, Ibrahim suggested that I go to the hospital, my foster parents nodding their heads simultaneously. Ibrahim told me that he had already informed his parents about my little accident.

"Oh, it's not a big deal," I mumbled.

"You can't even walk! Of course it's a big deal!" Zayn exclaimed.

"Fine, fine," I muttered, knowing that I would have to go in the end, anyway.

"Mum, Dad, are you two going to come?" Ibrahim turned to his parents.

"No, we will stay here while, you, Ibrahim, can share your last couple of days with Zara, and you boys can get to know Zara. How does that sound?" explained Ibrahim's mum.

The boys all looked at me as if the question was directed towards me. I guess it was, in a way. I opened and closed my mouth like a goldfish, but no sound escaped my mouth. Instead of making a fool out of myself, I just nodded. 

"So, it's agreed. Come on, One Direction - I never thought I would ever be able to say that - let's go!" exclaimed Ibrahim. What is it with boys raising their voices all the time?

As all of the boys headed towards the door, I coughed, "Ahem!"

"Oh, oh yeah," murmured Louis. Zayn came over, yet again and carried me outside, where we just stood... and waited for someone, or something.