Chapter 16 - Flashbacks Ruin The Moment

Zara's P.O.V

When we got to One Direction's house, I realised that it was quite close to the one I had previously stayed in. This one, however, was beautiful! It was a massive house and there was even security at the front gates! When we passed the front gates, I saw a huge water fountain with gushing water. The paparazzi were taking pictures which seemed to get annoying after a while; these boys go through a lot. 

Louis pushed the door open and I stood at the door, Louis and Harry pushing past me to join the rest of the boys who stood before me. Their house was perfect, just like a palace! The hallway was about five times bigger than the living room in my foster family's house. Suddenly, Zayn started waving his hand in front of my face. 

I snapped out of it, "Oh... sorry."

Niall laughed before replying, "Why are you sorry? Oh yeah, your brother couldn't make it here because him and his parents are going to Scotland for a couple of days, as his uncle is ill."

Liam came over to me and unexpectedly placed his hands over my eyes, being careful not to hurt my still sore black eye, and led me somewhere.

"OK. Liam, what are you doing?" I asked, my arms outstretched in front of me. 

"Just you wait and see," he answered, chuckling to himself.

He finally released his hands and I opened my eyes to see darkness. I suddenly remembered a bad experience I had with the darkness, and, you probably guessed it, Chloe. 

Flashback

She pressed her pointy fingers hard into my eyes, my eyelashes brushing against her palm. I was excited; she apologised to me earlier on, for being rude to me about how I smelled and looked. I forgave her almost instantly. I was pretty excited to see what she had in store for me - I finally had my old best friend back. I heard the squeak of a door opening and before I knew it, Chloe's hands were released.

I blinked a couple of times, to see if my eyesight had gone, as the room was completely black. Suddenly, a hand was cupped on the back of my neck and I was forcefully led to a chair. I didn't know who was doing this, it could have been Chloe, Maisy, Alyssa or Roxy. Their nails dug into my neck as they pushed me down onto the seat. They placed something on my lap and it was pretty heavy and cold. 

"A little birdy told me that you don't like water. How about you have a dip?" Chloe snarled and I realised that it was just her, as I couldn't hear the laughs from the others. Suddenly, my face was plummeted into a pool of water. The thing on my lap must have been a bucket filled to the brim. I struggled hard against Chloe's grip and managed to lift my head out of the bucket for a few gasps of air. 

"Leave your head in!" she shrieked, dipping my head back into the bucket. Out of the bucket, I took in several huge gasps of air. 

After a couple of minutes of this exhausting routine, Chloe finally let go of my neck. Instantly, I pulled my head out of the bucket, soaked. First of all, I had a phobia of water, secondly, I couldn't hold my breath for very long. I jumped out of my seat, stumbling in the process, and finally exited the pitch black room and entered the light of the outside. I recognised this place: Chloe's garden. We always used to play here whenever she invited me for a sleepover, before I moved to Canada for a year. The event I had with her aggravated my fear of water, and now I can't stand water.

End Of Flashback

This exact moment was like a re-enactment of my terrible experience with water. I stood in one corner, not daring to move anywhere else. My back against the wall, I slid down until I was sitting down. What if they were going to dip my face in water as well? Would the boys treat me like this? I buried my face in between my knees and cried a little bit.