Chapter 49

Selena's POV
"Breakfast!" I called and within seconds, everyone was at the table. I smiled and placed a bowl of oatmeal in front of Daphne. Daphne smiled at me and her green eyes shone. I quietly ate my toast, eggs, and bacon while the kids recited to the others what they were going to do today. Charlotte was going to Paisley's house for the day, Trent and his friends were going to the zoo with the other parents. Nathan had a doctor's appointment and then would binge on ice cream. Daphne had nothing to do and was going to help me with Reese. Zedd had three jobs today. It was so nice, having everyone do something. I smiled to myself and finished my breakfast.

"Promise you'll be good." I said to Trent as I led him to Parker's father's car. Trent rolled his eyes and nodded. "I already said so Mom." Trent complained. I smiled and kissed his cheek. "Good boy. Have fun!" I called as the car pulled away. I walked back inside to see Charlotte impatiently stomping her foot. "Can we please go? I want to get to Paisley's before lunch." Charlotte said. I nodded and I picked up the car keys. We walked out and it was silent for a few minutes. "Remember to say please and thank you." I reminded her. Charlotte rolled her eyes. "Duh! I'm not stupid Mom." I stopped. "Charlotte Grace Gomez-Zaslavski!" I exclaimed and wagged my finger disapprovingly. We pulled up in her driveway. "Bye Mom. Come pick me up at five!" Charlotte yelled behind her shoulder as she rang the doorbell. "Bye." I barely whispered as she was welcomed into the house. I sighed and drove home.

It was about four o'clock when it started raining. And it wasn't normal rain, it was pounding out. I could barely make out the backyard. Daphne, Nathan, Reese, and I cuddled up on the couch and turned on Toy Story. Then, the doorbell rang. It was Trent. "The zoo was closed because of the rain." He said and walked into the house, soaking wet. "Let's get you changed and you can cuddle up with me and your siblings on the couch." I said as I led him to the bathroom. Half an hour later, the doorbell rang again. I walked to find a dripping wet Charlotte. "I wanted to come home." She said and went to get changed. I didn't say anything and a second later, she came to join us all dressed up in her pj's. I smiled and we cuddled under a big blanket. An hour later, Zedd came home saying no one was at the club because of the rain. It ended up being a family night. I was happy that a little rain could bring us together.