Chapter 9

Zedd's POV
I still can't believe Selena and I are divorcing. Even though, we're going to be engaged even after the divorce. The kids are freaking out, crying, blaming themselves. I hate what this is doing to our family. We haven't done any paperwork yet and I keep putting it off. I hope she forgets. I love her. She's my everything. Charlotte's been the worst. She thinks that if we didn't have her, none of this would have happened. It breaks my heart that my little girl thinks she's to blame for an entire divorce. Daphne and Nathan don't really understand. They're just happy that we're staying together. Charlotte hasn't been to school since she found out. That was last week. Her friends and teachers are concerned but I said it was alright. Once I told them, they were sad to hear it but they understood.
Right now, I'm at a gig. It's at Club 20. I started playing a Kanye West song when someone approached me. It was a girl, about twenty-seven, she had long dark brown hair with highlights, green eyes, and was wearing a white t-shirt with the words "I'm dating the DJ" on it. "Hey, can you play Clarity?" She asked. I nodded. "You know I did that song." I told her. "Really? You're the famous Zedd?" She asked. I nodded. "Since you know who I am, who are you?" I asked. "Noelle Skylark. But my friends call me Sky." Noelle said. I nodded. She left but left an impression.

At the end of the set, I took a break. I went to get paid. "Stan, my man." I said as I walked up to the owner. Stan Skylark was twenty-nine and owner of three uber successful clubs. Club 20, Neon, and Glowstick. All of which I DJ for. "Hey bro, I'll get the money but I have company coming." Stan said as he walked off. Just then, four woman came in the room, one of which was Noelle. "Hey, you're the DJ." One of her friends slurred. I nodded. "So, have you met my husband?" Noelle asked me. "Stan?" I asked. She nodded. "A year's worth of marriage." She told me. "That's great." I said. Stan came back with my money. "Noelle, babe!" Stan exclaimed as he kissed her. "Hi hun, do you mind giving Zedd my number, his wife and I want to get together." Noelle said. Stan nodded. "Is Selena here?" He asked. I shook my head. "Well, tell her and the kids I said hi." Stan told me as he handed me cash and a piece of paper. I said bye and left.