Chapter 35

Selena's POV
What ever happened to predictability? And I'm not quoting Full House. In my life, I used to know what was going to happen next. But now, every day's a surprise. Even if I have my day planned out to the minute. Maybe it's because I have five kids now. But I use that excuse a lot. I know I say that like all the time but it's true all the time. But I've decided on something. I'm going on a date with Bryan tonight. Nothing serious, just a little date. But I'm a bit nervous. If this thing doesn't work out...we work together.
Right now Bryan's about to pick me up. Well in ten minutes. I've decided on a dark red V-neck silky dress that went just below my knee. I added red heels that matched, wine colored lipstick, and I put my hair in a fancy up do. As I walked downstairs, Charlotte and Daphne stopped me. "You look pretty Mom." Charlotte said. Daphne nodded. "Thanks girls." I said. "Who's looking after us while you're...dating." Charlotte asked. Holy poop, I forgot to get a babysitter! I ran into my room and picked up the cordless. I dialed my Mom's number. She picked up on the second ring. "Hello. Who's this?" Mom asked. "It's me, can you babysit the kids. I'm going out and I totally forgot to hire a sitter." I rushed. "I'd love to hun, but I told you I'm at Carol and Dan's house tonight." Mom told me. "Damn. Well, buh-bye." I said and hung up. Then I dialed Zedd's parents. "Felix and Heidi. Can you come over and look after the kids?" I asked. "I'm sorry Selena, but me and the Mrs are going downtown for a special evening. I'm sorry." Felix said and hung up. I paced the floor and something caught my eye. It was a pad of paper with Zedd's cell number on it. Could I really get Zedd to watch the kids. Well, he'd jump at the chance to see the kids but can I see him? I just rejected him. Well, here goes.