Chapter 3

Selena's POV
I just picked up Daphne and Nathan from day care and Trent, Char, and their friends. When I got home, Zedd was waiting at the door. "Hey babe, I'm sorry, I have to go, DJ Homie Love just cancelled at The Cube and I'm needed, they're paying me twenty bucks an hour and I'll be there three hours tops. I left some homemade fresh lasagna on the counter, just hear it up with Parmesan on it and you'll be fine. Love you, bye." Zedd rushed. "Hold up!" I exclaimed. "You're leaving me with four kids for three hours and you're only getting sixty dollars. I'm pregnant, it takes me twenty minutes to walk across the room." I argued. "I'm so sorry Sel, but I can't pass up this offer. If I do, they'll never hire me in this town again. You know how much this means to me Selly. Look, we'll talk later, I love you and the kids." Zedd said then left. I sighed. Zedd always leaves me in the dust and it's really annoying. Does it make me a terrible Mom that I want it to be just Zedd and I sometimes, no kids, no distractions. I miss when it was just us, when we used to have the best time, we had no cares in the world. We'd do whatever whenever. Does that make sense? I wish he'd take a break and we could go on dates. I sighed and walked to the kitchen. Charlotte, and Daphne were there. "Nathan! Trent! Dinner!" I called. No one came. "Daphne, can you get your brothers." I asked. "Trent! Nathan! Dinner!" Daphne screamed. "Charlotte, can you please get them." I asked. Charlotte groaned and ran upstairs. Daphne sat, coloring. She looked so pretty. She looked like an auburn haired Stephanie from Full House. "So Daphne, how was pre-school?" I asked. "Good, me and Penelope made a new friend, her name is Violet. She just moved from New York." Daphne said. "That's great Daph, is she nice?" I asked. "Yup, her Mom is a recording artist, her name is M-Mariah Carey." Daphne said. "Isn't Mariah Carey forty-eight?" I asked. Daphne nodded. "So she has half-siblings." I said. Daphne nodded. "Mariah Carey is a very very famous woman, you know right?" I asked. Daphne nodded. "But we like Violet for her." Daphne argued. "I know, I wouldn't expect anything less." I said. Charlotte came down, Trent and Nathan trailing behind her. We sat down and ate.