Chapter 53

Selena's POV
I sat in the doctor's chair. "You're a week late Selena." She said. I nodded, for some reason ok with it. I want this baby to stay in here for as long as it wants, but I'm a bit uncomfortable. "How should we induce labor? We've been trying everything. Like everything." I said. The doctor laughed. "Oh Selena. Just try to eat spicy foods, castor oil, long walks, and maybe try having sex more. If the baby's not here in two days, I'll have to schedule a C-section." She said and closed her binder. I nodded and Zedd helped me up. "Sel, it's December, no matter what day this baby comes, your wish came true. It's December." Zedd assured me and I waddled to the car. "My wish was for this baby to be very healthy Zedd." I said. He smiled. "I know."
***
12:00
(That night)
I woke up, Zedd still next to me, but sharp pains in my stomach. "Ow!" I whispered as one came and went. "I walked over to the bathroom. I flicked the light on and I saw it. There was water all over my pants. "Zedd!" I called urgently. He stirred. "Zedd!" I smacked his forehead. He shot up. "Wh-What is it?" He groggily said. "I'm in labor you idiot!" I snapped. He got out of bed and called my parents. Even though it was one in the morning, they offered to come over and watch the kids. Zedd and I piled into our car, my overnight bag in my hands. The pains were about nine minutes apart, so we were in no rush. We got to the hospital just as a contraction ended. I sighed in relief as Zedd pushed me in a wheelchair. The lady at the front desk led me to a private room. "Your doctor will come and check on you soon." The nurse said and left. I already felt sweat bead on my forehead. "Why did you do this to me?" I demanded. "Babe, it's fine, this baby will be here soon and we can bring it home." Zedd assured me. Luckily, my doctor came in. "Hello Selena. How are you today?" She asked and she pulled up a chair. "I could be better." I said as a contraction came. "Ow! Ow! Ow!" I shrieked and grabbed a hold of Zedd's hand. "Well Selena, you're only four centimeters so you still have to wait a while. I'll come check back with you in a moment." She said and walked out of the room. I sighed as the contraction stopped. "Zedd, why is this happening? I'm nice? Aren't I?" I asked and rubbed my head. "It'll be over soon and we'll have our baby. That's worth it." He said. "You're sweet but you have no clue what hell I'm going through!" I said. He laughed. "Someday I might." He said. "Like hell!" I shot back as a contraction came.

I've been in this room for four hours and I'm only six centimeters. "Aren't I dilated enough?" I whined. The doctor smiled. "I'm sorry Selena. But we need to wait for a little while longer." She said and left the room. "I'll start pushing, maybe that'll speed things along." I said and started pushing like crazy. "Sel, you need to save your energy." Zedd said. I said nothing and kept pushing. The doctor came in an hour later. "Well, Selena. You're ten centimeters. You're about to become a Mom again." She said and they wheeled me out of the room.