Chapter 47

Selena's POV
I walked into the OBGYN with Zedd at my side. We're finding out the sex of the baby. My last baby. I walked in, cautiously. My last time finding out the sex. I can only think of when I found out the sex of Charlotte. We almost called her Riley. I smiled. We finally got into my doctor's office. "Hello Mrs. Gomez. Mr. Zaslavski." My doctor said. "Hello Dr. Manger." I said as I sat on the chair. "So, we're finding out the sex, correct?" Dr. Manger asked. I nodded. "Well, let's get started. This might feel a little cold." He said as he applied the cool gel to my belly. Then I saw the picture of my not pea sized baby. It was mesmerizing. I smiled. "So the sex is-" Dr. Manger started but Zedd cut him off. "I'd rather not find out the sex." I suddenly nodded. Dr. Manger looked a bit surprised. "Oh, ok. I will tell you that your baby is very healthy and growing quite nicely. Maybe a bit small but that's normal." He said. I looked at the baby. Maybe it's better that I don't know the gender. Then it's a surprise. And I like surprises. I nodded and we walked out. Zedd and I got into the car. "So, I didn't know you didn't want to know the gender." I said. Zedd nodded. "I wanted to be surprised. I mean this might be our last baby. I wanted it to be special." Zedd said. I nodded and held his hand. I've never felt so protected than I do right now.

Authors Note: sorry this chapter was so short.