Chapter 33

Charlotte's POV
I knew Dad was in the house. We aren't deaf and the kitchen it literally right next to the family room. I know they're getting a divorce. I'm not happy about it and I told my friends. They're comforting me but I still feel rotten. And Georgia hasn't backed off, if anything she coming on more. She watches me like a hawk as if she had some master plan in the works. I hope not. Anyway, I walked with Avery, Lucy, Paisley, and Amanda, Trent,
Zeus, and Wendell behind us. We walked to the bus stop every day and almost always just make it onto the bus. Mostly, we talk too much and get distracted. "So, my Mom's pregnant again. She's five months and it's a girl. She only told me now. Can you believe it?" Amanda was saying. We shook our heads. "That means you'll have still have your big sister, little brother, but now a baby sister. So lucky." Lucy said. "As if, I want to be the baby girl, now I'll be the middle girl." Amanda argued. "I only have a little brother. I'd love to have a little sister. I have like nothing in common with Zeus." Lucy shot back. Amanda turned to look at me. "Isn't it weird having four little siblings?" I shook my head. "I'm the oldest, they all respect me." "Lotte, you are soooo lucky! Having four siblings and being the oldest one! I'd kill to be like you." Avery said as we climbed onto the bus. I shrugged and sat down with Lucy. Avery and Amanda sat in front of us and Paisley sat behind us. She stuck her head over the seat. "I forgot to study Math! Now what am I going to do?" Paisley asked. "You forgot to study?! You know it's the year end test, right?" Lucy exclaimed. "What's the year end test?" I asked. They all turned to look at me. "It decides whether you go into the third grade next year. Well, if you go into the smart class or the dumb class." Amanda explained. "What do we do if we get separated?" Paisley demanded. We all got quiet. "Then we all have to try our best and make sure we get into the same class." I said. They nodded and we didn't speak the rest of the way to school.
Authors Note: sorry I haven't posted in a while, and sorry this chapter isn't that good but in the one that follow there will be big changes, including the children. Please vote and comment!

emmalily45 💖